Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,671  
I won't take my blower to a neighbors house, if I remove snow for them, I use this,

SR

Just out of curiosity...why not use your snow blower at a neighbor's?
The only reason I can think of is you never know what's under the snow (at the neighbor's).

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,673  
Just out of curiosity...why not use your snow blower at a neighbor's?
The only reason I can think of is you never know what's under the snow (at the neighbor's).

That's a real good reason!!! I do some driveway "openings" for neighbors who leave for the winter. If I haven't had a chance to check their driveways for rocks (etc.) before the first snow, I like to plow at least once before having to blow snow. I'll try to plow wider than I'd ever expect to run the blower, hoping to move anything loose out of the way, but I have to go with a light touch to make sure I don't pull up a new rock or two with the plow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,674  
Opening a driveway. As a reference, the FFC V-plow blade is 32 inches high. I gave up when I got to a narrow incline, and came back with the unimog blower. I know some guys aren't sold on the loader mount plows, but when its deep I think they're great.

View attachment 415650
Maaaann, I've wanted a 'Mog since I had a Matchbox (with the plastic canvas bed top) Unimog about 40 years ago. Every time you bring up your 'Mog (oh I do notice) it pisses me off! Please keep the pics coming, show off!:drink:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,675  
Hey Rusty, its never too late....Get yourself one.;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,676  
That's a real good reason!!! I do some driveway "openings" for neighbors who leave for the winter. If I haven't had a chance to check their driveways for rocks (etc.) before the first snow, I like to plow at least once before having to blow snow. I'll try to plow wider than I'd ever expect to run the blower, hoping to move anything loose out of the way, but I have to go with a light touch to make sure I don't pull up a new rock or two with the plow.

If I have a really tough area for snow removal, or like in the pict., I want to open a road, I break my big gun! (450 dozer)

standard.jpg

Snow does not stop it! It's great for pushing banks back too...

SR

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,677  
Our local town has a rock rake-like mounted on the front of a Ford F 350. They use it especially on the dirt roads in the spring, helps smooth, grade and dry muddy rough pot holed roads in very short order. The fingers leave the ridges a little higher than the rest and they dry amazingly fast. I think the rig is called a "front runner"

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,678  
If I have a really tough area for snow removal, or like in the pict., I want to open a road, I break my big gun! (450 dozer)

standard.jpg

Snow does not stop it! It's great for pushing banks back too...

SR

That hood looks familiar. I agree the 450 is a great weapon to have in the arsenal when it comes to fighting deep snow.

Attachments

• Firewood 2015-02-12- 003.jpg
    Firewood 2015-02-12- 003.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 388
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,679  
Getting close to spring but it has been a hard winter in New Brunswick Canada. This winter I took the bucket off the tractor and put a 8ft. snow pusher on. It works good along with the 86" snow blower on the rear. The snow pusher is much faster and does a good job cleaning up, as well as much cheaper to run. Next winter I will be doing some modifications to the snow pusher, adding a few inches in height and also adding a back drag on the top to help knock down the big piles of snow and drag snow away from entrances.

LS7010 Winter 2015.PNG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,680  
Maaaann, I've wanted a 'Mog since I had a Matchbox (with the plastic canvas bed top) Unimog about 40 years ago. Every time you bring up your 'Mog (oh I do notice) it pisses me off! Please keep the pics coming, show off!:drink:

Since you asked for it. This is a 1962 404.

404 first pass.jpg404 top of hill.jpg