Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,651  
This is my cobbled together response for an area where I need to plow only once every few years. It's an 8 ft Woods landscape rake mounted on the front of my Deere 89 HP 5520. It does a great job on my gravel because I can tilt it back and not dig any gravel. I don't plow to bare ground but leave a cover of snow over the gravel. It works great but does does better on the 3 pt hitch if you want to scrape lower to the ground.

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,652  
I thought about trying that with a lite weight 6 foot jd blade I have, then keep my big heavy 8 foot blade on back. We don't get much snow. I just bought a new house with about 1000 foot gravel drive that I will need to blade off now. Before I had about 200 foot of black top drive , again no more than we get a year was no big deal with just a front bucket.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,655  
Wow, I'm impressed with those tracks,...
Ok, here's a question for those of you who plow,...
"What would You charge to do a drive-way like this one".
Keep in mind, this is your neighbor down the road.
I would charge $40.00:)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,656  
Pretty good for that much snow. I had no idea they could move that much. How deep would you say the snow was?

The sides were probably 2' tall & 3' wide... lots of ice... we stay right around freezing most of the time, so we get snow one day, partial thaw the next, then freezes again...

I'd say $40 would be fair for that driveway. He did show up last night with a dozen beer and a tall boy; aprox value of $30... I was pleased with that as I don't do it for money.... however, I did mention that next year there will be no more freebies. Just off the top of my head in the passed month I've plowed 4 driveways full time (mine included). Probably burned $100 in gas, serviced the bike at $100, I'll need to replace my winch cable and fairlead for at least $50, and the bike payment is $200/ month. Now, one lady I did charge $20/ shot while she was away down south so I made $100. Another neighbor got me a $100 gift card for the liquor store. So my expenses were $450 and I got $230 back. That's just for Feb. We didn't get anything dec & jan. I also plan to get a 3/4T truck with a blade next fall... so the numbers will be way, way different. LOL Not fair to "charge" for a truck I guess... but I'd like to have the blade payed for by doing jobs.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,657  
I'd love an adjustable plow for my FEL, but we usually don't get enough snow here to justify it. Maybe one of these days. We've had a fairly mild winter for the most part, but have gotten a couple of decent snows in the last couple of weeks. I push/scoop with the FEL, keeping the lip curled up a bit in the gravel areas.

Looks like next year I need to move the push mower farther in under the roof.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,658  
I'd love an adjustable plow for my FEL, but we usually don't get enough snow here to justify it. Maybe one of these days. We've had a fairly mild winter for the most part, but have gotten a couple of decent snows in the last couple of weeks. I push/scoop with the FEL, keeping the lip curled up a bit in the gravel areas.

Looks like next year I need to move the push mower farther in under the roof.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,659  
sixdogs Great minds!! I that was one of the main reason I built my FEL Adapter. Having the rake on front makes scraping hills and trails so much better. Just used it the other day to roll up limbs from wood fired gathering into nice bundles for shredding later, then use the rake to spread it on the garden

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,660  
sixdogs Great minds!! I that was one of the main reason I built my FEL Adapter. Having the rake on front makes scraping hills and trails so much better. Just used it the other day to roll up limbs from wood fired gathering into nice bundles for shredding later, then use the rake to spread it on the garden

I know. It works amazingly well for those who have tried it yet those who have never done it tell me it can't be done or why bother. Plows snow--in Ohio--great. Maybe those who can, do and those who can't, teach?