Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,661  
sixdogs Great minds!! I that was one of the main reason I built my FEL Adapter. Having the rake on front makes scraping hills and trails so much better. Just used it the other day to roll up limbs from wood fired gathering into nice bundles for shredding later, then use the rake to spread it on the garden

I know. It works amazingly well for those who have tried it yet those who have never done it tell me it can't be done or why bother. Plows snow--in Ohio--great. Maybe those who can, do and those who can't, teach?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,663  
Nice, that little machine really throws the snow.:thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,665  
Appreciate the video, and no apology needed for showing it in real time. Gives a good feeling and visual how well those cat tracks work. Apparently some iced up berm from earlier that caused some fits, but real impressed how you could ride on top of the berm and push it off.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,666  
To what degree would you say those cat tacks improve performance? They don't even slip.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,667  
Meets my need and than some...lot easy than years past pushing back snow banks.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 293
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #2,668  
Hard for me say... I never plowed an atv without them... but I'd have to guess that they're night and day different then tires. For example; first thing when I rode up on the snow bank, tires would have probably sunk down and gotten stuck right away, never mind pushing snow. They do slip on ice. I'm looking into ice screws for them... but on the flipside of that; more traction would transfer more force to the plow... maybe too much.

In case ya missed it in my other thread, here's how they work in 2' of softer snow;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vXM5vo1s0

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,669  
Opening a driveway. As a reference, the FFC V-plow blade is 32 inches high. I gave up when I got to a narrow incline, and came back with the unimog blower. I know some guys aren't sold on the loader mount plows, but when its deep I think they're great.

Gates open.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,670  
I won't take my blower to a neighbors house, if I remove snow for them, I use this,

standard.jpg

It doesn't need chains or anything else...

SR