Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,691  
Picking up some self drilling screws after work for the atv tracks... about 80 each... we're expecting a foot of snow, and everyone's driveway are a solid sheet of ice.

If you do a "ice studs" search on eBay or google you can find screws made for the job. Some even have tungsten inserts. For now I would do the same as you. It's pretty hard to put chains on tracks. :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,692  
Bought 400 screws.... only realized one box was different. I'll only be about 20 short... the box in the pic is the wrong box, although they are 3/4"X 12

Started

Glad to see they are a little staggered

One thing I'm doing is going behind the drill and using a wrench to make the screwdriver slot sideways. That way I'll get a little extra forward bite, and I'll be able to see at a glance if they're backing off.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,693  
I like those tracks. I was all set to go quading a little while back and then we got an 18" dump that shut down the trails. Maybe able to get out again now.

What was the source for them? I did a quick look-up and saw models running $3,800ish :confused2:
Also, how does it affect steering effort? Do you have electric power steering?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,694  
I like those tracks. I was all set to go quading a little while back and then we got an 18" dump that shut down the trails. Maybe able to get out again now.

What was the source for them? I did a quick look-up and saw models running $3,800ish :confused2:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,695  

I got them from the dealership when I bought the bike. They were $5,500ish. Yes the bike's got power steering.

All done! I had 5 left from the 300! :) I also have two tickets for tonight's $40,000,000 draw... hopefully my luck continues ;)

Took the flash off the camera to try and get better pics

Pictures don't do it justice, she looks mean as heck!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,696  
Wrap some black hockey tape around that shovel handle, it sticks out like a sore thumb.;)
Very nice machine indeed.:thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,697  
double

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,698  
IMG_1123.jpgNothing exotic here but the PTO blower was the best money spent. I did not want a front mount, the FEL is a must have.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #2,699  
Nice rig Brimfield. I bet you were glad to have the blower on this winter! We got off easy compared to you guys in NB!

Well just as a little test I took the trash out to the end of the driveway. Tried to slide on sheer ice on a downhill by braking hard... nearly got thrown into the windshield! Crazy how much these grab! More traction with them on ice then tires on gravel. I'm grinning ear to ear. :)

The tracks are no longer "4 season" but I didn't intend for them to be anyway. Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the screw heads are 5/16ths.