Permanent mounted Christmas lights

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #21  
I have been using cup hooks for my lights that are on my covered porch for about 25 years now and have had no problems. Lights go up and come down every season and we have different strands for other than Xmas. I think a large cup hook and a pole with a hook might be your best bet.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #22  
Before I just looked at the thread...when I saw the title all I could think was "is it a double wide"...!

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #23  
We're thinking about putting up the holiday lights soon, and we want to put them on the gable end of the house. Which requires an extension ladder. So I'm thinking what I'd rather do is just go up the ladder once and install hooks on the rake board or drip edge, and then put the lights up and take them down with a hook on a pole and keeping my feet on the ground. I'm also thinking if I put up permanent hooks I can just use them every year.

Does anyone do this? I'm trying to figure out if there are special hooks or special lights for this. It seems like hooks that were easy to put up and take down with a pole wouldn't hold the lights very securely.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks.
I used cup hooks on the drip board and eye hooks on the 1X3 that I put the lights on. I still need to climb a ladder to put them up but only once every 8 feet. Helps if she hand up, or holds the next board on take down.