Permanent mounted Christmas lights

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #11  
Permanent hooks would work fine, just be sure they are sturdy and able to withstand sunlight and weather, and that they won't allow water infiltration into your structure.

Another tip, don't use a metal pole to put up electric lights. Use fiberglass.
If he unplugeth the lights first? Wraps tape where contacts? I use a metal TV antenna pole. It will reach up there.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #12  
I leave my Christmas lights up on my front porch all year long

I know all the words to every old Bocephus song.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #13  
If he unplugeth the lights first? Wraps tape where contacts? I use a metal TV antenna pole. It will reach up there.
Problem with unplugeth the lights first is that after you put them up, then plug them in and some don't work. If you put them up while they're lit, you can see if you bump something and bring them down and correct it earlier in the process.

Also, metal poles and power lines don't mix.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #14  
Problem with unplugeth the lights first is that after you put them up, then plug them in and some don't work. If you put them up while they're lit, you can see if you bump something and bring them down and correct it earlier in the process.

I am “shocked” you feel this way!

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #15  
I am “shocked” you feel this way!
Back when I was in school for TV and radio repair, they stressed the dangers in installing antennas, working with metal ladders, extension poles, etc.

I know of two people that were killed taking home TV antennas down and touching power lines, two college students working summer jobs painting that were killed when their metal ladders touched power lines, and a friend of mine that almost grabbed a falling TV tower with his sons they were taking down, decided to let it fall, and it burned down their garage, but they lived.

You just never know.

I use fiberglass ladders and poles when needed.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #16  
I have the led outdoor strip lights strung under the soffit so they're out of the wind & rain. They've been up about 7 years without a problem and are wired into a switch indoors and I treat them as a regular porch light. I picked the brightest ones I found since they are intended as a porch light and not as Christmas lights, but could be.
I did the same on both my (enclosed 3 season) porch and living room. Standard clear LED Christmas lights. Did have to experiment a bit to find a soft white color, some of the LED lights are a bit harsh. Just the right intensity for watching tv, etc.
Living room ceiling has exposed beams, about 10 years ago strung colored lights just for Xmas...we liked it so much we just kept them up. The wires stretch a bit over time & sag so every 6-8 mo. I need to tighten them up.
IMG_0799.JPG

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #17  
Holiday lights have come a long way.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #18  
For my place, I get the Christmas light hangers from Menards that screw onto an extension pole. They have a hook that hooks onto the gutter or you can slide them under shingle edge on the ends. They work really well and I don't have to get on a ladder. I do get on one section of the roof because I can reach the gutter by hand there. I could get it from the ground, but it's just easier for me at this point. They are cheap, but they only last a few seconds before they get brittle and start snapping when clipping them onto the gutters. The sun is pretty hard on plastic here, even in the winter.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #19  

Cut a small tree to make a long pole. We fashioned a hook out of wire and used it on a pole running nets. Use PVC pipe.

/ Permanent mounted Christmas lights #20  
ha I love Christmas lights, they remind me of some co-workers.
They all hang together, half of the fu#$ers don't work,
and the ones that do aren't that bright.