Pallet Forks

/ Pallet Forks #32  
Thanks for all the input folks! I've got the quick attach on my FEL, so I'm leaning toward dedicated forks.... I've yet to research prices.... That could be a deterrent...lol
Yeah, prices have gone up considerably since I bought mine from Titan Attachments

/ Pallet Forks #33  
I bought the Titan pallet forks last year for around $600ish bucks with 48" forks. No complaints with them so far.

/ Pallet Forks #34  
I purchased the Construction Attachments, Inc. compact pallet forks for my Mahindra eMax 25 Cab. They have been a good investment. Versatile and tough. Easy on/off with the QA. Came with 42" forks and around 238lbs. Mahindra dealer here stocks them. Rated for 50hp. I see the new model is rated 2200lbs. Mine were 1800lbs.
I bought the same in 2011 for $657 including tax and delivery. They seem indestructable. I wouldn't want to be without them.

/ Pallet Forks #35  
If I were younger (76) I'd spring for some SSQA forks, because I can see how useful they'd be from time to time, but I figure I'll be fracturing for only a few more years, and I've got too much stuff already! I say all this mostly because I really only need them once or twice a year. But if you do buy some, consider it an investment- the price won't be going down in the future. After trying to find some used ones for over a year or two, I guess they hold their value as well as anything.

/ Pallet Forks #37  
Close. I was digging logs out of a frozen pile. The forks are fine, the backing plate they're mounted to is destroyed. It had already been weakened by lifting too much weight, digging the logs out just finished the job.
I thought about buying another, heavier plate but decided to wait until I can afford a better set of forks.
In hindsight I should have bought the grapple first, and the forks later.
Buy the new one, and get a different length forks with it. Your old ones will slide onto the new body.

I have one of the Titon-Palletforks.com sets, with the 42-inch fores. I’m thinking of order a set of 36-inch forks. I bought a rock bucket from Titan and a bolt-on grapple kit to bolt onto it, to help keep the large rocks in the bucket.

Looking at it I could weld a bit of reinforcing on the fork attachment and drilling and tapping it to mount the grapple. It would be pretty handy for brush piles, and the occasional log, or gluelam beam.

/ Pallet Forks #38  
Sometimes I think so much outside the "box" that I completely forget that there IS a "box!" :LOL: Not recommended for the faint of heart, but in a pinch:

P1120421.JPG

Note the stacked crates in the background. Yup, managed to lift and stack- ONCE (and only once)! When shopping for a new tractor guess what was on the top of my priority list!;)

/ Pallet Forks #39  
Sometimes I think so much outside the "box" that I completely forget that there IS a "box!" :LOL: Not recommended for the faint of heart, but in a pinch:

View attachment 730511

Note the stacked crates in the background. Yup, managed to lift and stack- ONCE (and only once)! When shopping for a new tractor guess what was on the top of my priority list!;)

Where do you find those metal pallets?! All our firewood goes in wood, sided pallet and they’re starting to deteriorate. The metal ones are awesome.

/ Pallet Forks #40  
Well I have a set of DIY 'clamp on forks'.
Never damaged anything.
BUT, LOL, my main usage is to collect all the wind blown branches every season.
OK, I did move my generator but that's not all that heavy.

Mine 'DIY's' are simply 3 inch channel stock and clamped via 5/8 bolts and that works 4 me and I bet I can load more than my CUT can lift.
Relatable! But in place of bolts.. tow hooks off a Jeep?!

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 809
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 677