PA International trailers

/ PA International trailers #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Still looking for a tilt bed trailer, found a 7 year old PA International with an asking price around $4k

Interested in opinions from those familiar with the make trailer.

Here's the description from the ad.

2005 PA INTERNATIONAL 10,000 GVWR HYDRALIC TILT BED TRAILER
DUAL AXEL-- 15'WHEELS & TIRES-- ELECTIC BRAKES
BRAND NEW BATTERY-- BRAND NEW 10,000 LB WENCH
OVERALL LENGHT 24 FOOT-- BED LENGHT 18' 10 1/2" --6'10" BETWEEN FENDERS
OAK PLANK BED --6" STEEL BOX TUBING CONSTRUCTED FRAME
THIS TRAILER HAS HYDRALIC RAM CONTROLS TO TILT TRAILER BACK STEEL EDGE FLUSH TO GROUND
MAKING IT EASY TO LOAD ANY LOW CAR- STREETROD- TRUCK- VINTAGE CAR- TRACTOR.OR CONSTRUCTION EQUIPT
ALSO HAS WENCH TO PULL ANYTHING UP ON TRAILER THAT DOES NOT RUN
HERE IS A CHANCE TO BUY GREAT TRAILER AT GOOD PRICE

/ PA International trailers #2  
You could buy a new one here for that or maybe a little more. My uncle got a 14K, 14' BriMar with dual action rear gate and slide in ramps for about $4500

Chris

/ PA International trailers
You could buy a new one here for that or maybe a little more. My uncle got a 14K, 14' BriMar with dual action rear gate and slide in ramps for about $4500

Chris

Yes but down your way you're still paying a nickle for a loaf od bread aren't you? :)

It's all relative. Here a new PJ like this one I'm looking at would go for ~$7k w/o
the 10K winch. I've priced them from PJ, CAM, and others, all over $7k plus tax.

This is no ramps, it's a power up/down tilt bed.

/ PA International trailers #4  
sparc said:
Yes but down your way you're still paying a nickle for a loaf od bread aren't you? :)

It's all relative. Here a new PJ like this one I'm looking at would go for ~$7k w/o
the 10K winch. I've priced them from PJ, CAM, and others, all over $7k plus tax.

This is no ramps, it's a power up/down tilt bed.

I am sorry. I had in my head a dump trailer, thats what my uncle has, not a tilt.

Different beast.

Chris

No problem. You are right on the dump trailer. If you rememberlast year i bought a 12' dump for around $4500

I ended up picking up this trailer at a good price. It's a 6" channel frame not 6" tube as the seller had stated in his listing.

Needs some touch-up on the paint but other than that it looks good. I had to raise the coupler to level out the trailer better, it's still about 2 inches higher at the head end of the bed than the tail. Haven't loaded it yet so I'll see how it plays out when I get something on there with some mass. I have a couple tractor moves coming up in the next week or two so that should give me a good idea if I need to make another adjustment or not.

Someday i will need to replace the wood decking on my trailer and I was wondering about using some of that steel planking. What made me think of it was I was in local industrial supply and they had some on display. I was wondering if anyone had considered using it. I don't need it yet but since thetrailer is 7 years old I know I will before too long.

You can see many different styles here but this is not the particuler make that I saw.

www.mcnichols.com

/ PA International trailers #8  
I don't see why not but cost and weight are always a factor.

Chris

Cost would appear to be more butgiven the potential for a longer usable life over wood it might work out even. I think it would be lighter which might take a couple hundred pounds off the trailer weight. Need to check and see what the allowable loads are with the given support structure of the trailer such as size and spacing of underlying channel.

/ PA International trailers #10