One more PT

/ One more PT #11  
If think i would get the large bucket. For transporting stuff around the yard it can't be beat. Its much deeper than the smaller one, probably holds twice as much mulch so it cuts down on the number of trips, which your grass will appreciate.
I've used it to transport dirt, mulch, tools, trees, sod and (4)5gal containers of water so far. I don't know if they make teeth for it though.

From your bio i see that your also in MD. Your more than welcome to stop by and see my PT422. But i'm in carroll county which is quite a bit further than DC from your location.

Also i have the box blade which i have not used up to this point. Its definitely quite sturdy but i'm pretty sure it doesn't weigh as much as sedgewoods.

congratulations

/ One more PT
Thanks John,
Looks like a pretty heavy duty set-up. What was it you didn't like about the PT blade - was it the rippers or just the construction in general? Do you know anything about the attachments from Northern Tool? They have some pretty good prices, but I'm guessing they might not be any heavier than the PT blade. It also looks like the Northern or Land Pride designs wouldn't be as convenient for welding on an attach plate as your Bush Hog. I think I'll take a look at the PT blade first and then decide. My drive is pea gravel over bank run. It gets pretty hard, but after a rain I think I could rip up the rough spots and smooth them out rather that trying to fill the holes.

Scott

/ One more PT
<font color=green>If you can swing the extra $$ get the little one with teeth AND the large light material bucket</font color=green>

I noticed on the PT web site yesterday they have a 2% off deal going right now if make your purchase at the factory. Doesn't quite make up the difference of an extra bucket, but almost....close enough/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

I'm starting to think the hardest part might be following Charlie's advice about not taking the credit card and ending up with more attachments...Maybe I could get Charlie to go to Tazewell with me and smack me on the back of the head if I start to reach for the wallet.

/ One more PT #14  
Scott:
Although you've made your initial decision, what you're doing now is the really fun part. But you wrote:
<font color=red>"Maybe I could get Charlie to go to Tazewell with me and smack me on the back of the head if I start to reach for the wallet.</font color=red>
You'll have to get someone else to do that job. I don't want to go down there to keep you solvent and end up with a new post driver, power rake, and one of these, and one of those ... I'd probably come back with a PT 422 and have to expand the shed to put it next to the 1845. It's not that I don't have any willpower; it's the Bubenberg influence (sort of like the Chalkley syndrome with a Swiss accent.).

/ One more PT #15  
Scott, I have the PT box scraper for my 425. It works ok on dirt or loosely packed gravel but I'm sure a setup like John's would be better on hardpack. The extra width would also be a big help.

I thought my CFO(wife) would keep me from buying so many attachments. Instead she encouraged me to get whatever I thought I needed. I figured I could count on her to keep me on the straight and narrow, but she let me down.

Good luck with your new purchase; they're great machines.

/ One more PT #16  
<font color=blue>I'm starting to think the hardest part might be following Charlie's advice about not taking the credit card and ending up with more attachments...Maybe I could get Charlie to go to Tazewell with me and smack me on the back of the head if I start to reach for the wallet. </font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif DON'T TAKE CHARLIE /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

I quote from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=other&Number=110553&Search=true&Forum=other&Words=david%20&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=allposts&Main=91187> this post by Charlie </A> when I questioned my need for a backhoe right now. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ One more PT #17  
Don't you have to pay tax if you buy at Power Trac?

KCook

/ One more PT #18  
Yep. I weighed my options.

Go and get it myself. 12+ hrs each way, truck or trailer rental, gas, food and sales tax on a $12,000.00 purchase.

OR

Pay about $500.00 to have it shipped here.

The $500.00 shipping was less than the sales tax alone, so it was a no brainer for me.

/ One more PT #19  
Uh oh... sounds like your wife is using the same trick as mine... "sure, buy what you think you'll need.. go ahead". Then comes the down side of this... you will have no excuse for doing any 'honey do' that comes to her mind... after all... you should have the tool for the job. I think the joke is on us /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

/ One more PT #20  
I am thinking this will be our best option as well!
Thanks
KCook