4000hr+ machines $3k, is it worth it?

/ 4000hr+ machines $3k, is it worth it? #11  
At least the one has a Kohler engine. I'd say the visual/cosmetic wear matches the hours. The other problem is not having a trailer to pick them up with but it's easy enough to run by uhaul.

They're in NC, If I went for them I would pickup both and repair them to resell the 2nd. There's also a Mower and 2 other attachments available from a member down here I would pickup as well.

I'm handy and don't mind fixing old equipment. My zero turn mower I got from my Father in Law after he wore it out. I rebuilt the engine and started using clean motor oil in it rather than topping it up with used oil like he used to...Farmer stuff :LOL:...

Looking at the pics again, is that wheel cracked?
The 2nd picture looking at the engine.

Notice it has a yellow oil filler cap on both valve covers. That's not normal. Doesn't mean anything other than the valve cover with the oil filler cap has been replaced with one that has an oil cap. Would be curious to know why?

Mine had a rocker nut loosen up, the rocker turned sideways, the push rod popped out from under the rocker and got thrown through the valve cover. Caused no permanent damage other than I had to put the push rod back, tighten the nut back down, and replace the valve cover. Maybe that's all they had laying around. Maybe they purchased the incorrect one. Maybe it's had a head replaced or swapped. Who knows? Just an observation.

/ 4000hr+ machines $3k, is it worth it?
The 2nd picture looking at the engine.

Notice it has a yellow oil filler cap on both valve covers. That's not normal. Doesn't mean anything other than the valve cover with the oil filler cap has been replaced with one that has an oil cap. Would be curious to know why?

Mine had a rocker nut loosen up, the rocker turned sideways, the push rod popped out from under the rocker and got thrown through the valve cover. Caused no permanent damage other than I had to put the push rod back, tighten the nut back down, and replace the valve cover. Maybe that's all they had laying around. Maybe they purchased the incorrect one. Maybe it's had a head replaced or swapped. Who knows? Just an observation.

Good observations, with the hours there's no telling how much has been replaced. I'll see if my forklift repair buddy wants to make the trek to take a look over them. With the hours there's no telling how much stuff is original or been replaced or how many "farmer fixes" have been applied.

Is the asking price reasonable, I see these tractors new are way out of my budget. I just don't want to show up and make too lowball of an offer on them.

/ 4000hr+ machines $3k, is it worth it?
Well they've been sold.. Thanks for the input, if another pops up I might jump on it.