House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460?

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460? #1  

PowerTracManiac

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1460
Thinking of selling my machine now that I am done building my house and getting a smaller machine/mower?
Have regular bucket, 4in1 bucket with teeth, forks, add-a-grapple, stump grinder.

Great for landscape/tree company or person who needs significant lift capacity. 4 cylindar Duetz.
1077 hours and counting.

Info on new one is below:
PT-1460. 8' Lift Height. $41,500• 2,400 lbs. lift capacity • 60HP diesel engine • 4-wheel hydrostatic drive.

With attachments, I am thinking 29k is reasonable for mine.
Am I crazy?

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460? #3  
house (noun) - a hole in the ground into which one shovels money. 💰

I'd hang onto it if I were you, but your asking price isn't unreasonable if you really need to sell IMHO.

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460?
To explain further, I am considering selling because the area I need to maintain now that the house is built is not very large--maybe 1.5 acres. All the heavy lifting has literally been done by the big PT1460.
Now I need to do work like tilling small garden, build fencing, brushwork, mowing, aerating, plant trees. All work that I don't have any attachments for.
The attachments for PT1460 are 3.5-4.5k each and I can't find any used attachments?
My thoughts were to sell my bigger PT1460 and get the smaller PT425 machine with the PT425 trailer fully loaded with all implements I need.
Any thoughts on this strategy?

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460? #5  
To explain further, I am considering selling because the area I need to maintain now that the house is built is not very large--maybe 1.5 acres. All the heavy lifting has literally been done by the big PT1460.
Now I need to do work like tilling small garden, build fencing, brushwork, mowing, aerating, plant trees. All work that I don't have any attachments for.
The attachments for PT1460 are 3.5-4.5k each and I can't find any used attachments?
My thoughts were to sell my bigger PT1460 and get the smaller PT425 machine with the PT425 trailer fully loaded with all implements I need.
Any thoughts on this strategy?
Unless you're going to be hauling the machine and attachments around fairly often, I don't see a need for the trailer package.

How steep are any slopes on your place, if I may ask?

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460? #6  
One upside to the trailer package is that it does provide compact, robust storage.

If you don't need the power of the 1460, it sounds like a reasonable plan to me to replace it with a 425 with the attachments that you need. Have you asked Power-Trac about a trade in?

All the best,

Peter

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460?
Moss Road: Slopes are not steep here. Very gentle rolling from front to back. Not enough to worry about any power loss due to hill climbing if that is what you are getting at?

Pony: Agreed, I like the compact/organized storage the trailer provides.
Hadn't thought about a trade in, good idea, TU.

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460? #8  
I think that the area question goes to how much work will be needed to keep it going. Larger machines can do more; the 425 is "homeowner" sized. With an acre and a half, you will be in line with many other owners here.

All the best,

Peter

/ House project is complete. Selling my PT 1460? #9  
Moss Road: Slopes are not steep here. Very gentle rolling from front to back. Not enough to worry about any power loss due to hill climbing if that is what you are getting at?

Pony: Agreed, I like the compact/organized storage the trailer provides.
Hadn't thought about a trade in, good idea, TU.
Yep. That's what I was getting at. (y)