old vs new iMatch

/ old vs new iMatch #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Old iMatch had a fixed top hook, new iMatch has adjustable hook.
Is the old iMatch usable or to be avoided?

/ old vs new iMatch #2  
Very usable, I use mine every time I use my tractor.
I made all my stuff fit the Imatch not vice versa. Works for me.

/ old vs new iMatch #3  
I have the older fixed upper hook..fits my implements except for the wood chipper.
I won't buy a newer one since I only remove the QH a few times a year (when I want to do some chipping), however, I do wish I had an adjustable hook.
So, a fixed upper hook wouldn't be my first choice today

/ old vs new iMatch #4  
I prefer the old IMatch because the welded hook on it doesn't interfere with hook up. In some cases the bolts on the new style don't have enough clearance on some implements. I found it much easier to make every implement fit the IMatch, from then on it is smooth hookups from the cab seat.

/ old vs new iMatch
thanks everyone for your responses.
I saw an old style iMatch on CL locally for a good price, less than half of a new style and was wondering.
Sounds like it might be worth a look see. Its supposed to be new old stock, never used.

/ old vs new iMatch #6  
thanks everyone for your responses.
I saw an old style iMatch on CL locally for a good price, less than half of a new style and was wondering.
Sounds like it might be worth a look see. Its supposed to be new old stock, never used.

New price was pretty close to $300 and included the gold plated bushing kit from Deere. If you do buy this QH, and it doesn't include the bushing kit....do not buy it from Deere. it's close to 80 bucks!
You can buy the lower link bushings from Tractor Supply or Agri-Supply for about 10-15 bucks (plus shipping). The kit contains the bushings and roll pins. The bushing for the top link is just a standard bushing (sorry, can't recall the size) available at any hardware store.

/ old vs new iMatch
Thanks Roy. I remember this being talked about in the many HF quick hitch threads.

They're asking 175 which doesn't soundtoo bad. More than a HF quick hitch yes, but better quality and none of the shortcomings of the HF unit.

/ old vs new iMatch #8  
Thanks Roy. I remember this being talked about in the many HF quick hitch threads.

They're asking 175 which doesn't soundtoo bad. More than a HF quick hitch yes, but better quality and none of the shortcomings of the HF unit.

Yep, they are a very stout piece of equipment.

By the way...the quick hitch is a bit of a pain to hook up to the lower links and top link...it's heavy (about 60-70 lbs would be my guess) and it's one of those three handed jobs.
Since I do pull mine off for the chipper, I rigged a dolly using a 15 dollar Harbor Freight furniture dolly (buy a couple when you're there...very handy items) and an old wooden crate. With a bit of thought, you can build a dolly for your QH with one of those dollies and some scrap 2x4's.

/ old vs new iMatch #9  
I would take the old style over the new any day. I think its a shame JD caved to the pressure and got away from the true ASAE Category 1 Standard S278.6 for quick-attach hitches. As states above the bolt often interfere with the frame on the implement and prevent the top hook from fully engaging.

/ old vs new iMatch #10  
Roy, could you just leave the QH on the implement you used before hooking up your chipper? That's what I do before using my PHD. You need cat 3 bushings--1 7/16 on the bottom and 1 1/4 on the Top.