No Rotella T6

/ No Rotella T6 #281  
I think my Kubota states required minium API Certification is CJ4. T6, if I remember correctly has both CJ4 and Ck4 which is the improved new classification.

I can't say much about Amsoil. Always thought it was good oil and have not read any complaints about it. I do not see the API classification for Kubota on the links.

I stuck with Kubota for the first oil change. Then went to T6 -- which is almost impossible to find here. I may regret that if they don't start stocking it around here. I like full synthetic but don't like changing engine oil all the time. I also talked with my Kubota dealer before changing to T6.. They had no concerns using T6 instead of Kubota engine oil.

Oh, by the way, when considering engine oil for my tractor, I look for and depend on the API cert. for compatibility. I will not consider any engine oil (or many other products) that say - works with everything, or works with these brands.

And I still use only Kubota Filters.

Last edited:
   / No Rotella T6 #282  
I went to the Amsoil site they want me to
play gotcha I'm too old to play games to
enter a site.
I removed the web site but you know its
on the internet it's gotta be TRUE?? :unsure:
A lot of people like Amsoil oils but for me
my tractor is under warranty and will be
changing oil every 200 hours

willy

/ No Rotella T6 #283  
Yep, good on you to be proactive and so observant. However, there is the issue of continuity, or lack there of. Kubota might still give you a hard time regardless, unless you can prove unequivocally that that oil and filter came from your tractor. Hard to do without video evidence, at least… Maybe have someone from the dealership attend when you do the next oil change. That one will be all important since it’s after the initial break-in cycle?!
I will just assume that having receipts for the oil changes will be good enough. That's generally what's asked for when warranty work needs to be performed. I'm sure you all know of the Magnuson Moss Warranty act which does allow us some freedom to perform our own routine maintenance, and not need to use OEM oil and parts to do so (so long as they do meet the specifications). I think I'll stick to an oil that officially meets the specs given to me.

Because of who I am as a person, now and then I tend to wait a smidge too long to service something, hence the desire for an oil that may accommodate that fault better. I'll just stay diligent.

/ No Rotella T6 #286  
I wanna be there when they say get this in the back room, i can hear the laughing from here.

/ No Rotella T6 #287  
I bought the last six gallons of those from a major retailer last week and wanted seven or two five gal jugs, they didn't know when more was coming. They also only had one of the two fuel filters for my 250 which I thought was odd since they usually come as a pair. Also no idea when they'd get more. This is getting old:censored:

Luckily a few years back I started buying my next oil changes well in advance, but I am coming up on needing those fuel filters and I don't have them...one more stupid thing to start storing in advance I guess.
Try Rock Auto and tell them Bongino sent ya and get a discount.

/ No Rotella T6 #288  
Yep, good on you to be proactive and so observant. However, there is the issue of continuity, or lack there of. Kubota might still give you a hard time regardless, unless you can prove unequivocally that that oil and filter came from your tractor. Hard to do without video evidence, at least… Maybe have someone from the dealership attend when you do the next oil change. That one will be all important since it’s after the initial break-in cycle?!
All this is sort of why I plan on taking my tractor to the dealer for the 50hr service. Nothing to be questioned that way. The dealer is over an hour away, but still worth it for peace of mind... and to let them deal with all the waste oil.

/ No Rotella T6 #289  
Damn, Someone had better fess up to a manufacturer who denied warranty because of specific oil or filters.

Other wise, it's wives tales.

/ No Rotella T6 #290  
Unbelievable - I was in Menards yesterday and they had 2 gals of Rotella T6. I have enough for the next oil change. What a surprise.