Talk about inflation....

/ Talk about inflation....
Thing$ are out of hand alright, but I have a feeling that we aint seen nothing yet...

Im telling my friends to stay out of debt and save some dough, they are going to need it.

I always keep 5 oil changes and filters for each our vehicles and tractors on the shelf in the shop
I added the Cucumber line...lol

/ Talk about inflation.... #12  
Went into the Kubota dealer, Brought a 2.5 gal jug of Kubota hydraulic fluid to the counter and asked the guy what type of financing they offered on the oil.
We had a good laugh but it's close to the truth

Last edited:
   / Talk about inflation.... #13  
Saw this coming back in 2020. Calculated out how many miles each vehicle was driven each year and how many oil changed each piece of equipment would likely need. Bought all the oil, filters and grease needed for 5-6yrs. I also bough what is going to end up being 5yrs worth of diesel fuel for $1.28gal.

$5-600 May have seamed like alot of money in early 2020. But that same amount of fuel, oil and grease cost over $1k now and dosnt go bad if taken care of.

My only salvation is, because we are a working farm enterprise, we can write off about everything farm related as a doing business expense. That makes the inflated cost somewhat more bearable.

/ Talk about inflation.... #15  
My only salvation is, because we are a working farm enterprise, we can write off about everything farm related as a doing business expense. That makes the inflated cost somewhat more bearable.
Even if the write off is reducing the profit line.
We are all seeing this in all of the businesses we own :(
Higher costs and lower profits are the norm today.

/ Talk about inflation.... #16  
Saving dough during inflation? Throwing money away. Invest that dough. Buy land. Even if you take a short term hit, land will always bounce back strong.
"Buy land"

An investment firm recommendation I got many decades ago for a long term growth strategy was invest in land. I was told that Real Property has historicaly been the best long term investment. I have found to be true, year after year.

/ Talk about inflation.... #17  
Good investment, but it won’t buy food or healthcare if you need it during a job loss or layoff situation. Investments and cash reserves are two separate and necessary categories of wealth.

Good investment, but it won’t buy food or healthcare if you need it during a job loss or layoff situation. Investments and cash reserves are two separate and necessary categories of wealth.
Neither of which applies to me candidly.

/ Talk about inflation.... #19  
Just purchased 3 2.5 gallon jugs of 15-40 Rotella T6 (I have to change the oil in my M9's, it's season end, something I do every year plus Kubota OEM filters. Anyway, 3 2.5 gallon jugs of oil came to almost $195 bucks and the filters from my dealer were 20 bucks each. Woozer.

Just bought the exact same thing
3 2.5 gallon containers of T 6 - but they had the mail in coupons for 20 bucks back each So total of $120, once Shell sends the rebate back.

Maybe you can still send in the rebate and get your $60 back, 5030

Just bought the exact same thing
3 2.5 gallon containers of T 6 - but they had the mail in coupons for 20 bucks back each So total of $120, once Shell sends the rebate back.
Is the rebate in real money or a merchandise cash back, like Menards does? Must have missed that, I need to go look and see if there is a coupon at the store.