Rotella T4 vs T6

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
Doing my 250 hour service on my Branson. Went to O'Riley's to get some oil.
Rotella T6. 1 gal for $76
Rotella T4 1 gal for $22

I walked out with the T4. T6 can't be 3 times better.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #4  
Doing my 250 hour service on my Branson. Went to O'Riley's to get some oil.
Rotella T6. 1 gal for $76
Rotella T4 1 gal for $22

I walked out with the T4. T6 can't be 3 times better.
Something is fishy there but then it is Oh Really auto parts. Just bought a couple gallons of T6 and I paid 23 a gallon at the farm store. I think I'd avoid that store like the plague.

Keep in mind that T6 is a synthetic (cracked from natural Gas of all things) and T4 is a semi synthetic (T6 base stocks plus conventional petro based oils).

That T6 price per gallon is 3 times what I pay for full synthetic (Chevron THC Synthetic hydraulic oil).

I slapped Oh Really's a while ago on their price match guarantee on brake fluid (Dot 4). Menards had it regular price of 6 bucks a quart so I took a picture of the price below the rack (which was empty) and swung by Oh Really's where it was 10 a quart, had the picture on my phone and told them to match it (needed a couple quart bottles...) they did grudgingly.

What you needed to do, go somewhere where the price was actually sane, snap a picture of it and go back and rub their nose in it.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #5  
Local oreillys t6 price is 32.99 for 1 gallon. 2 1/2 gallon jug 76.99. Middle Tn.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #6  
Rotella T-6 synthetic 5w-40 is $24.76 a gallon at the local Wal Mart.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6
WELL CRAP! Maybe I was looking at the 2.5 gallon price.

Oh well, too late now.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #8  
I switched to T4 in the spring due to availability and pricing. I’d prefer synthetics, but honestly, it’s not worth 2-3X as much. We do oil & filters right in the field. I keep oil filters, oil & fuel filters in my truck along with a changing tub. Gallons or 2.5’s are easy enough to lift up to the funnel.
Gotta keep moving!

Last edited:
   / Rotella T4 vs T6 #9  
Locally after a two week search some T6 finally showed up nd it was the local Walmart.

I bought an extra gallon just in case.

IIRC it was about $24 a gallon.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #10  
Locally after a two week search some T6 finally showed up nd it was the local Walmart.

I bought an extra gallon just in case.

IIRC it was about $24 a gallon.

Thats a healthy increase. I think I was paying $17 pre-plandemic