Rotella T4 vs T6

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #11  
I use T5 semi synthetic. Nothing against T6 but its like buying overpriced organic food products. Not worth the money.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #12  
Thats a healthy increase. I think I was paying $17 pre-plandemic
Yeah it Really is.

But I "want" the T-6 5w -40 for the Rhino tractor for easy(er) Cold cranking for snow blowing this winter. ( still has the original 30 year old starter)

Already have the other diesels oil changed with T6 but "stole" it from the Rhino and used it on the Ford backhoe, so have been looking for a while since town dried up a few weeks back.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #14  
That’s cheap. Five years ago, I was buying it for $21 at Walmart.
That was the going price but Shell was always offering rebates that brought the cost down to $17.

T6 is on the (well-stocked) shelves in my area for $24 and change.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #15  
Just a heads up Shell has there Farm rebate offer going through I believe December 31, 2022. It seems to be offered at all of the farm supply stores Blains, Family Farm and Home, TSC around here and I’m sure many others . The 2.5gallon T6 has a $22.50 per jug rebate, the T5 has a rebate also but I’m not certain the amount. About 6 months ago I picked up 4 2.5jugs of t6 5/40 for $62.00 / jug and received a check for $90.00 back from Shell. So my net was only $40 per 2.5. My Dad did the same since I think there’s a limit. I’m usually not a fan of messing with rebates but this was too good to pass up.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #16  
in my area T6 has been off the shelves for almost 2 yrs. so looking to switch to a Mobil 1 diesel rated 5/40 syn. not sure which selection yet. not going to continue looking for T6 on empty shelves.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #18  
Something is fishy there but then it is Oh Really auto parts. Just bought a couple gallons of T6 and I paid 23 a gallon at the farm store. I think I'd avoid that store like the plague.

Keep in mind that T6 is a synthetic (cracked from natural Gas of all things) and T4 is a semi synthetic (T6 base stocks plus conventional petro based oils).

That T6 price per gallon is 3 times what I pay for full synthetic (Chevron THC Synthetic hydraulic oil).

I slapped Oh Really's a while ago on their price match guarantee on brake fluid (Dot 4). Menards had it regular price of 6 bucks a quart so I took a picture of the price below the rack (which was empty) and swung by Oh Really's where it was 10 a quart, had the picture on my phone and told them to match it (needed a couple quart bottles...) they did grudgingly.

What you needed to do, go somewhere where the price was actually sane, snap a picture of it and go back and rub their nose in it.
Why not just buy where the price is lower

/ Rotella T4 vs T6 #19  
24.73 / gal at Amazon today, free Prime delivery if you're a subscriber, though it does say list price $49.41.

I last bought it in 2019 for $20.97. I had the dealer do the 50-hour service, so I've had no occasion to buy another gallon.

/ Rotella T4 vs T6
OK OK quit rubbing it in! Screwed the pooch on that one.

The funny thing is I complained about it to the guy behind the counter and he didn't correct me.

Next time I will look at the prices more carefully at the prices.