No Rotella T6

/ No Rotella T6 #271  
Doesn't seem too specific but it does need to be API certified.

Screenshot_20220207-160551.jpg

Amsoil SS doesn't carry any API certifications.

I can't remember if I saw that anybody their "diesel" oils do. However, if I can't run SS really no reason to run Amsoil, in my opinion.

/ No Rotella T6 #273  
Here you go. The chart shows what API specs the SS oils cover. Post 263. Open the link and then open technical info…

/ No Rotella T6 #274  
Right, they say it meets those requirements but it does not actually have API certification. Amsoil states it more than meets those requirements, but it hasn't actually been certified. Which matters to some manufacturers.

That chart is letting you know, for your own peace of mind, that if your manual requires "x" then this particular oil "y" is the one you should choose because it is formulated to meet those specs. However, not being certified can matter in warranty issues.

/ No Rotella T6 #275  
"
Related Questions

Is AMSOIL API Certified? – AMSOIL XL and OE Product lines are API Certified and Signature Series meets all the testing requirements. Due to the costs of testing and licensing each new formula, AMSOIL has chosen not license each and every product."

Screenshot_20220207-161901.jpg

If Kubota isn't a stickler for such things, as long as I can prove the oil was changed, then it matters not to me.

/ No Rotella T6 #276  
If you look at your picture in post 271 Kubota says to meet xxx API classification. Doesn’t state API certified. So the requirement is to use the proper oil, ie diesel oil with the correct API classification, not whether it’s certified or not.

/ No Rotella T6 #277  
I read "have an API service classification" to mean it must be an official API certified oil, not carry a promise from the oil manufacturer that it does because they say so. Perhaps I'm misinterpreting that nomenclature. I'll dig into it a little more.

I also found this. So in their diesel line only the OE is API certified. In case anybody reading this is curious.

Screenshot_20220207-162455.jpg

/ No Rotella T6 #278  
FYI, The OE and XL article you copied is gas oils. Be sure that you’re looking at the Amsoil diesel oils. Probably they’re not all certified either. Just saw your last post…

/ No Rotella T6 #279  
I would like to run SS in my BX, but it does not carry the API certifications or whatever that Kubota states is a minimum requirement. I have been slightly concerned of there were ever an engine issue and my oil doesn't meet their stated requirements (on paper) I might be in hot water. I am curious if Kubota tends to be a stickler for stuff like that.
I can tell you that my new L3560 had excessive particulate in the oil at my 50 hour service I did the oil change and ran the oil past a paint filter. Oil was drained into a perfectly cleaned catch basin.

I poured the used oil back into the Kubota oil jug used to fill my machine.i put a latex glove over the filter to seal it.

I took the debris from the paint strainer to the dealer, a mechanic looked at it and agreed that it's highly unusual to see this much and type of hard debris. I left the plastic sandwich bag of debris with the mechanic who contacted kubota. They asked if I could provide the engine oil and the filter. I drive that all back to the dealer who sent the entire oil change material to a kubota lab in Texas, corporate paid to ship it all, ran the lab tests and provided my dealer with results.

Kubota has requested that I run to 100 hours and repeat the process, deliver all fluids and filter to the dealer to be again sent to the lab in Texas.

My feeling is that kubota does care what oil is in there and they will have it sent to a lab in Texas if there is a problem suspected. At the 100 hour point we will get the determination to replace the engine or to perform additional testing at whatever internal Kubota requests.

I do have to eat the cost of the oil and filter, but weighing that against my near $60k purchase.... I'll jump through the hoops to get things documented.

And I will, sure as ****, be using only kubota branded oil and filters for this.

/ No Rotella T6 #280  
Yep, good on you to be proactive and so observant. However, there is the issue of continuity, or lack there of. Kubota might still give you a hard time regardless, unless you can prove unequivocally that that oil and filter came from your tractor. Hard to do without video evidence, at least… Maybe have someone from the dealership attend when you do the next oil change. That one will be all important since it’s after the initial break-in cycle?!

Last edited: