no Questions?

/ no Questions? #61  
Cub Cadet looks like they have some halfway decent battery mowers.
Cub's commercial line is good, their consumer line is real iffy. My M60 Tank has a welded tube frame, substantial greaseable spindles and a heavy gage welded steel deck with an abundance of anti-scalp wheels and rollers and everything is greaseable, even the idler arms. The wife's cub has a stamped steel frame and stamped steel deck which I equate to throw away stuff but she wan ted a steering wheel so that is what I bought her. Why mine is going down the road and I'm getting a Kubota front mount diesel mower. I want a non kidney shaker mower and the Tank is a kidney shaker plus 10.

/ no Questions? #62  
Arly, have you looked into this Exmark?

Quest V-Series

Exmark at least would give you a large dealer network, and I would think a good quality of cut.

While not electric, I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a Exmark myself.
Exmarks are great machines. You see a lot of their commercial grade mowers used by municipalities. Not sure about homeowner grade mowers.

/ no Questions? #63  
Exmarks are great machines. You see a lot of their commercial grade mowers used by municipalities. Not sure about homeowner grade mowers.
They used to be great, had mine for 10 years and not a single problem. They did cheapen them up with house brand engines and cheaper transmissions in recent years though to keep costs down. Still nice machines but not as robust as they used to be. They don’t like mud though 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 32
   / no Questions? #64  
I recently saw one of the Quest V series demo units, now that is a well built electric machine. What Exmark are you looking at out of curiosity?

I'm looking at a Radius E with 48" deck, and a suspension seat added.

/ no Questions? #65  
The only option for a really soft ride is Ferris with their patented suspension. Most of the rest are dependent on the seat/seat suspension.
Weight is a big determinant of ride quality, too. Light zero turns bounce around and bounce the driver around, too. From the pictures OP posted, looks like he weighs about a buck-twenty soakin wet and on a 500lb zero turn bumps could get interesting. 😂

If you spend a lot of time on one (I spend about 2-2.5 days per week on average in a zero turn mower seat during summer) choose wisely.

My Kubota F rides like crap, even though it weighs a LOT because the factory seat is junk. My new Kubota ZD-1211 has an excellent seat and rides much better-otherwise I was going with air ride.
I would probably guess the new Kubota F has a better seat.

Lightweight electric mower = very rough ride on bumpy lawn. Would want to try the EV mower first to see if it rides well on bumps.

Last edited:
   / no Questions? #66  
The EV mowers being discussed have no suspension, and little weight... True that will result in a poor ride. I have suspension on my front wheels, and nothing else. Low tire PSI helps a bit, but it's no Ferris.

/ no Questions? #67  
The EV mowers being discussed have no suspension, and little weight... True that will result in a poor ride. I have suspension on my front wheels, and nothing else. Low tire PSI helps a bit, but it's no Ferris.
My Bad Boy has a front suspension, but it still seems to ride rough if I go fast.

/ no Questions? #68  
Since Arly packed up his things and went home...

The question was something along the lines of: Electric Riding Mowers and are they practical or are they a not?

/ no Questions? #69  
Since Arly packed up his things and went home...

The question was something along the lines of: Electric Riding Mowers and are they practical or are they a not?

In that case, probably yes If one has a small enough lawn to do it in one charge or if the batteries are affordable and easy to change to have a spare, if the batterie can be removed to be stored in a warm environment or if one own a heated garage for the winter months. I have heard of conversion kit to remove the engine out of gas lawn mower and put a electric motor in it.

/ no Questions? #70  
Bottom line here is, no matter what you have, use or are looking to buy, they are all overpriced for what you actually get. Especially the electric ones. Like the new Kubota front mounts, 24 grand for a frigg'in lawnmower, no way.