no Questions?

/ no Questions? #11  
WOW! That's light -- obviously built as light as possible to maximize battery run-time. But that's barely twice the weight of the average operator.

My Cub ZT weighs 1424 pounds. Add 200# to that for the operator. BIG difference. (Of course, the Cub has a 60" deck -- so wider.) I'd estimate that the Cub will mow flat-out for 6+ hours before it needs a shot of energy. "Recharging" takes about 5 minutes.
My old Yazoo-kees 60" mower has two 7 gallon tanks and uses about 1/2 gallon per hour. It's a mountain goat compared to the Grasshopper...

/ no Questions? #12  
Last time I compared prices, battery powered mowers were priced at a premium compared to gas powered units and the availability and pricing of replacement batteries was not something easily ascertained. Some of the mower blades seemed light duty compared to regular mowers, too.

The Cub Cadet zero turn units with steering wheels seemed to be priced about $1,000 more than their regular ZTRs, but have higher slope ratings. If I were going to pay a premium for a hillside mower, that's probably where I'd consider spending my money if the slopes I had to mow in a yard were within their slope ratings.

/ no Questions? #13  
Last time I compared prices, battery powered mowers were priced at a premium compared to gas powered units and the availability and pricing of replacement batteries was not something easily ascertained. Some of the mower blades seemed light duty compared to regular mowers, too.

The Cub Cadet zero turn units with steering wheels seemed to be priced about $1,000 more than their regular ZTRs, but have higher slope ratings. If I were going to pay a premium for a hillside mower, that's probably where I'd consider spending my money if the slopes I had to mow in a yard were within their slope ratings.
My wife has one and she likes it. Me, not so much but I'm sure I'll get used to the steering wheel as my new Kubota has a steering wheel as well that I'll have to add a spinner to... Time to visit the local truck stop and get one like I have on my M9's, with the gal that drops her top when you use it...

I actually bought hers used with really low hours from my Kubota dealer for 1000 bucks.

/ no Questions? #14  
Last year I looked at them at Home Despot and candidly I was not impressed with the build quality compared to the price. They put me in mind of something an upwardly mobile suburbanite might buy to elevated their status with the neighbors.

/ no Questions? #15  
I will say I've never seen a Ego self combust yet but there is always a first time..

All high end ZTR's have individual wheel motors btw and they are hydrostat. The cheapo ones don't.

I would never even consider buying an Ego because they are made in China. Big no for me. Same applies to the battery powered tools as well.

If we don't start weaning ourselves off of China made stuff, at some point we will be eating raw fish with chopsticks I fear.
Kubota 10, 12, 15 and 16 series don't have wheel motors. They have full blown transaxles. Not sure about their other models. It's one of the reasons why I like them and bought a 1211. That said, after running it I can't tell the difference in the transaxle and the motor driven mowers. I still like the idea of having that transmission.

/ no Questions? #16  
I've used a 653 pound Hustler Raptor XD... And it is not very sticky on hills. I have a 1350 pound Hustler XOne, and it sticks like glue to hillsides. Never used a battery mower, but certainly light and heavy ZTRs. That EGO weight is insanely low

/ no Questions? #17  
Kubota 10, 12, 15 and 16 series don't have wheel motors. They have full blown transaxles. Not sure about their other models. It's one of the reasons why I like them and bought a 1211. That said, after running it I can't tell the difference in the transaxle and the motor driven mowers. I still like the idea of having that transmission.
I have no idea. Both our zero turns have individual Hydro-Gear hydrostat drives, one on each rear wheel. My M60 tank will be leaving shortly, being replaced by a Kubota diesel front mount mower.

/ no Questions? #18  
I have read reviews saying it isn't great on slopes. 15% grade is excessive.
I've also read unhappy customer reviews due to software updates, and electrical errors making the unit unusable, requiring service to correct. It's basically a computer. It's connected via app. Lots of sensors and electrical management. All reviews said it does NOT have the quoted endurance.

/ no Questions? #19  
My X-One ZTR has dedicated Parker units on each wheel. The Raptor has a Hydrogear 2800 transaxle because it is homeowner grade. Hydrogear are less efficient, less powerful, less robust han dedicated pumps.
However, drive line aside, the lighter units slip and slide on grades much more.
I bought my in-laws a new Raptor XD 3 years ago for their hilly KY property. It has served them well, but I drove it last week, and at 205 hours, it sure seems it has a transaxle on its way out already 🙄

Last edited:
   / no Questions? #20  
I see it has a light gage stamped steel deck as well. Light gage decks without constant upkeep, tend to rot out quickly as well. Sizeable investment to have it rot out I'd say.

One of the driving reasons I'm getting a Kubota front mount mower, you can tilt the deck up quickly and easily to clean it off.

Leaving cut grass clippings on the underside of any deck, stamped or fabricated will promote corrosion but a heavy gage deck will last longer without cleaning, stands to reason.

What I do with our present ZTR's is I pick them up from the front with one of my loaders and clean them off standing vertically. I'll eliminate that with the new Kubota entirely. Both of them have the useless 'deck wash' on them. Totally useless. Only thing that does is drive water in the deck spindles.