NH Workmaster 60 one year review

/ NH Workmaster 60 one year review
Just for reference I had a 50 for 2 years. Never had any issues at all. It had R4's. IMHO I prefer Ag's. I finish mowed my yard with it and the R4's were a compromise. Would spin in the wet or mud. Did float better and not rut as bad. Ag's would have torn up the yard though.

I really liked my 50. The 621 FEL is very strong. Make sure the rears are loaded and you use ballast. Some folks have had some issues with theirs. My only problem was the pins on the FEL were not engaging deep enough in the quick attach carrier and intermittently would come unattached. This did not occur often but once in a while. The 50/60/70 series are fine utility sized machines. I traded up for the comfort of a cab.

This here!

Thanks for the review. That痴 basically exactly what I知 set on for a tractor but I知 leaning towards the WM 50. Not sure what I知 gonna get for tires yet. R1痴 or r4痴 with chains... anything you would致e done differently or any options that you壇 highly suggest?

The 50 is actually 53hp and only 7hp less at the PTO than my 60. You would probably never notice the difference between the two unless both tractors were working at the max. I went with a 60 because it was only $500 more than the 50hp at my dealer and the 70hp was $3500 more than my WM 60. My dealer said unless I planned to hay with it or pull a 10' mower get the 60hp and at $3500 less easy decision. That paid for my 3rd function and Rakemaster grapple.

What would I do different? First, if you get a 3rd function see if you can get it where the plumbing is not as exposed as mine is coming out from under the tractor. If you look at the picture with my tractor hooked to the mower you can see the big silver elbow sticking under my step. Also, make sure the new unit has the new ecm flash's you seen us mention in the thread before you leave with it. Outside of that, it's everything I wanted.

Far as tires, I agree with Turby. I will use mine as much in the pasture, yard on occasions, and heavy loader work. So the R4's fit. I do wish there was a Radial Ag tire option I would have went that route. But my land is sand based with black mud. Long as you're not breaking the surface you are better off and the wider foot print of the R4's really help keep my tractor on top instead of digging which will generally cause you to go straight down. The marathon R4's do good in my conditions but if it was clay based they could slick over easy I think and I would have gotten the R1 AG's regardless in that situation. Something to think about according to your own requirements.

/ NH Workmaster 60 one year review #22  
You mentioned that you had the de-rating problem a few times but said you never had the tractor back to the dealer for work. Did yours have the ecm flash and was that to solve that de-rating problem? Also, would you elaborate as to why the radicals and not bias ply? Thanks, glad I found someone willing to elaborate on a WM cause there ain’t much about them online by the looks(actually that’s the reason I joined the site) :thumbsup:

You mentioned that you had the de-rating problem a few times but said you never had the tractor back to the dealer for work. Did yours have the ecm flash and was that to solve that de-rating problem? Also, would you elaborate as to why the radicals and not bias ply? Thanks, glad I found someone willing to elaborate on a WM cause there ain’t much about them online by the looks(actually that’s the reason I joined the site) :thumbsup:

No I never had mine flashed, yet. The fix has just came out, read here for more info https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...orkmaster-case-ih-farmall-de.html#post5142672

Mine has only derated twice and both times in the first 25 hrs, not a time since. But turning the ignition off, then back on it's gone. I'll carry mine in eventually for it, but it's ran like a champ.

Radial (R1W) vs bias (R1)

Radials are wider with a flat foot print, bias have a more round profile and narrower. The Radial has a larger footprint adding in more traction and smoother ride on hard surfaces, generally better tread wear as well.
Now saying that, the Alliance R1 on the Workmaster is pretty dang flat. Some of the nicest R1's on all the utility tractors outside of radials IMO.

Just an update. Tractor is up to 231 hours now, included a picture while I was disking and leveling some new grounds we are putting into pasture & was at 225 hrs. Only issue is a button was glitchy on my 3rd valve function but has been fine lately. I’ll have that looked at when I carry it in for the recall flashes I still haven’t got. Lol

Attachments

• BA32500D-9537-4AF3-A38C-521736F319AB.jpeg
    BA32500D-9537-4AF3-A38C-521736F319AB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 185
  • DD5A1ACB-BF22-4BCB-83B2-1D5DDA50220F.jpeg
    DD5A1ACB-BF22-4BCB-83B2-1D5DDA50220F.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 209
  • 0CF40BE1-0C87-4484-8775-ED6B3DB61532.jpeg
    0CF40BE1-0C87-4484-8775-ED6B3DB61532.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 190
  • 07388FE8-8BFA-457F-A2BC-667179FC9063.jpeg
    07388FE8-8BFA-457F-A2BC-667179FC9063.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 186
  • 29F49F3F-49A1-4227-801A-35F4E2BAFD1D.jpeg
    29F49F3F-49A1-4227-801A-35F4E2BAFD1D.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 194
   / NH Workmaster 60 one year review #25  
Thanks for the update. I really liked my 50. Keep us updated on the recall. Good looking ground.

/ NH Workmaster 60 one year review #26  
Nice write-up and pictures are appreciated. Great looking machine.

Just did my 300 hr service at 290 hours and sitting at 302 hours after mowing some out of shape pastures and pulling ditches with the rear blade. Not an issue other than one leaky hyd fitting I had to tighten on my third valve kit.

Attachments

• AC078C3D-4B34-426B-A017-4D6486E2590E.jpeg
    AC078C3D-4B34-426B-A017-4D6486E2590E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 156
   / NH Workmaster 60 one year review #28  
Great review! Thanks!

I can chip in a little, with a WM25 just a couple months old. What I've noticed:

No malfunctions so far.

I have R4 tires, a compromise I hoped would be kinder to my clay and gravel driveway, which my old R1s used to tear up a bit, but I find I can spin them even in 4WD while backing slightly uphill on soft dirt. I'm not sure if I like this compromise or not. The differential lock still makes them grab so I haven't gotten stuck yet. I'm worried about sliding down the hill on packed snow in winter so I think I'm going to chain them.

The back end is light with the loader full and will bounce on bumps or if I'm jerky with the loader motion. My rear tires are filled with washer fluid. I have a 340 lb ballast that helps but it is too puny. I just today ordered a Titan ballast box and am going to dismantle the scrap steel 340 lb ballast and put the pieces in the new ballast box, and then pour concrete around them, maybe 600 or 800 lbs total.

Overall I really like this tractor. It is much easier to operate than the old Kubota. I'm very happy I bought it.

/ NH Workmaster 60 one year review #29  
I'm New to Posting here but I wanted to say your tractor and work looks real good.

I'm currently looking to sell my current tractor and looking at getting a Workmaster 70 with a 621 Loader. I'm trying to decide on a few things. I see you have R4 tires which is what I'm planning on going with. for the loader the Bucket Sizes are either 72" or 84". would prefer the 72" bucket but I'm worried about how much the tires will stick out over the bucket, for grading or digging purposes.

If you don't mind me asking, What size bucket on the Loader did you go with? Do you have any Advice on someone buying the same tractor?

/ NH Workmaster 60 one year review #30  
I'm glad I found this thread. I purchased a Case Farmall 60a a few months ago. Its the same as a Workmaster 60 but has red paint instead of blue. My dad has a Workmaster 70 and its been a pretty good tractor minus a ECU update within the first 10 hours. My Farmall has the L555 which is the same as the 621 as opposed to the L545 which is like the 611 I believe. I'm glad to see lots of good feedback on this tractor.

IMG_1762.JPG