New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up
It's going to be a lot of $$ and time for sure but if you're considering the truck as a long term investment it's a good choice, ....a scary choice but a good one long term. Make sure you're prepared for additional items you didn't plan on, there will be some for sure. Pictures, it doesn't happen unless there's pics :)

Looks like $6,000. The outer is the one that took the worst of it and it will make the truck look new again and add strength & longevity. Hopefully add to resale, if ICE trucks even exist when I go to sell it.
The inner looks good and there’s no jacking between the vertical planes of the inner & outer.

Still up in the air about the bed.…. Although I planned on a 12’ dump bed, I could lengthen the outer frame and make it 16’ flatbed for hay only. She has a lot of power, so it could also pull a pup trailer with it. It could fit (8) 4x4x8 bales on the bed and pull a trailer with (8) more easily.

Really difficult choice.

I had planned on buying another truck once this one is done. A 20’ tandem flatbed for hauling hay only

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #202  
Looks like $6,000
That's not bad (says me whos not paying for it LOL) full length, front to back?

..... there’s no jacking between the vertical planes of the inner & outer.
I hope you're right, I've not seen one yet with no spreading especially one used for salt spreading.

I could lengthen the outer frame and make it 16’ flatbed for hay only. She has a lot of power, so it could also pull a pup trailer with it.
That's your call, it would depend on which you would get more use out of, flatbed or dump. Worst is with a trailer, it's another piece of equipment to maintain, tires, brakes etc. and register.

You ever consider one like this, able to change to different body styles, dump, flatdeck etc., not cheap tho unfortunately.
1683201957265.png
1683201976165.png
1683202004236.png
1683202042193.png

That's not bad (says me whos not paying for it LOL) full length, front to back?

I hope you're right, I've not seen one yet with no spreading especially one used for salt spreading.

That's your call, it would depend on which you would get more use out of, flatbed or dump. Worst is with a trailer, it's another piece of equipment to maintain, tires, brakes etc. and register.

You ever consider one like this, able to change to different body styles, dump, flatdeck etc., not cheap tho unfortunately.
View attachment 798821 View attachment 798822View attachment 798823 View attachment 798824
Yeah those switch & go set ups are pretty cool. I have looked at used units. Very expensive.

I think I am leaning towards a dump truck for the 7500. I have a contract to do a very large ditching job with it. It will pay off 1/2 the truck. It really depends on finding a nice 12’ used dump.

My end goal is 2 trucks. The 7500 4x4 I currently am building and possibly a 7400 6x6 20’ flatbed next year for hay. That truck will be registered for farm use only in the farming LLC.
Something like this with a 20’ flatbed.

1683202931402.jpeg

The 7500 4x4 dump will be part of our property maintenance division.

Last edited:
That's a nice looking chassis
Yeah, I passed on that truck about 2-3 years ago. It was offered to me for $115K. There was 3 of them ordered by a utility company and they lost their contract. Stuck dealer with them.
Loaded & beautiful trucks.

That's approaching pickup truck money these days !
Funny, aint it? 3 years ago, I thought that was expensive. In todays hyper inflation economy, that seems cheap!

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #208  
I had a Stellar hook lift on a F750. This system is fantastic but in my opinion needs to be on a tandem axle chassis for realistic legal weights. (heavy empty weight for a s/a)
Sounds like you have a good plan Hay D.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #209  
   / New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #210  
Hay Dude needs that, I bet he can haul at least one large round with it, maybe even two.