New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #181  
I never liked dog house built in the front of the bed of my last truck. It made loading logs hard and it’s also where dirt would start sticking the worst.
I can see dirt sticking and the log problem but you don't need a doghouse just because it has a telescopic hoist. That load looks like a pia no matter what you have

A telescoping cylinder provides zero sideways stability to the bed and the whole job falls on the bed pins where a scissor hoist helps with stability.
Valid point.
Still haven't sold me tho :)

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up
I like tele hoists the best. Shooting for that, but could settle for something else. Never had a problem with that in my previous truck.

Last edited:
   / New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #183  
Something poped up on my local craigslist that reminded me of this thread.
This isn't what you're looking for, but at $2750 you could afford to modify it if you like it as a starting point.

15x8 henderson dump bed, no hoist

00t0t_f7TyEqVh2hu_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Thanks for that!
I am now in the process of getting the truck mechanically repaired, which buys me a little more time for finding a dump body.

I wish this truck took a 10’ body.
I’d be done and using it by now.

Last edited:
I never liked dog house built in the front of the bed of my last truck. It made loading logs hard and it’s also where dirt would start sticking the worst. A telescoping cylinder provides zero sideways stability to the bed and the whole job falls on the bed pins where a scissor hoist helps with stability. My current truck has duel telescoping cylinders mounted half way down the bed without a buildout in the top side of the bed. It works but it can’t dump the bed as steep as other options could. View attachment 790102
Thats a con tractors body. A scissor hoist on that truck is adequate. Great for sticks, twigs, etc.
I’m build a HD dump for mud, rocks, concrete.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #186  
Thats a con tractors body. A scissor hoist on that truck is adequate. Great for sticks, twigs, etc.
I’m build a HD dump for mud, rocks, concrete.

My F-750 has duel telescope cylinders. It will dump any load you can fit on it and so would my last 6500 truck. The 750 bed cylinders are flush under the bed and don’t have a doghouse in the front.
IMG_4321.JPG

Yeah I just said you have a contractors body and a scissor hoist is adequate under one (a contractors body)
I’m not overly concerned with whatever hoist you want to run.
I just prefer tele hoists

Well, we incurred a setback on the 7500 4x4 this week.
3 new batteries and a reman starter = $1,500
Needs new turbo, too. Actuator has stripped gears inside. Turbo lever to move vanes is frozen up. Turbo won’t “vary” anymore.
Reman turbo with reman actuator = $2,500. Also need to replace oil lines to & from turbo.
I could run it as is with turbo stuck. It would reduce power. Decided to go ahead and fix.
:sick:

Still haven’t decided on 10 or 12’ dump. 10’ dump is cheaper and much more plentiful.
12’ is more expensive, but more versatile and really takes advantage of the heavy GVWR.

Leaning towards 10’ to compensate for mechanical repairs.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #189  
Well that sucks big time. Never seems to fail, get a few bucks ahead and plan for one thing...something else eats it up.

/ New (used) IH 7500 Dump Truck purchase, modification & fix up #190  
I'm sure that you've swirled every option, combination and choice around in your thinking, but.....
Did you notice any availability or price difference of 15-16' body's while looking at 10-12'? A drop axle and a frame stretch would be involved but your frame concern would be taken care of and IF the longer body's are cheaper may be not that costly.
I do remember you talking about mushroom soil as part of your duties for the truck and for the heavy stuff, just don't fill the bed.😁