New shop started

/ New shop started #652  
when I bought my town's Radio Shack, the old guy who had it used to be a tv repair guy.
He had more outdated electronic junk in boxes and thought he should get retail for them. Uh, no....
So I put a lot of stuff, electronic components, outdated small parts, in boxes and said ten bucks for everything.
When the EE's who worked in tech up on Route 1 in NJ saw that stuff, they were in heaven. They rooted around those boxes
like kids in a playland. Gone in one week.

I think a lot of what we have has been stored under the idea "I'll find a use for that".
but where did you store it?

/ New shop started #654  
I remember when I was a kid back in the late 70's, that people would rent rollers to use after spreading grass seed. This was in town, and there wasn't very much grass, but if I remember correctly, everyone did this. I even remember a neighbor making his own roller out of something because he didn't want to rent anything.

45 years later, I haven't seen anybody using a roller for their grass seed since the then. I totally forgot all about that until seeing your pictures.

What does the roller do for your lawn?

/ New shop started #655  
I find this conflicting, as farmers always try dual tires and tracks to prevent compaction, yet folks roll weights on their lawns.
Or are you just grading and packing the gravel?
Totally confused!

/ New shop started #657  
After seeding, rolling presses the seeds into the soil, minimizing the air contact and drying out. Rollers usually don't have enough weight to actually compact the soil. For best results seed, roll and cover with straw.