New QA Forks

/ New QA Forks #1  

George2615

Tractor
LS XR3037HC
Well, I picked up a new set of forks the other day. I got mine locally from a skid steer place. I would have bought a set from Titan Attachments but these were same price and didn't have to wait.
Used them to unload a 6' landscape rake I borrowed from a trailer. Mine are rated for 5K which is way more than my loader will lift. I also have a fixed fork set I made for my previous tractor. I'll adapt them to fit the 3 pt. I'm still shopping for a box blade, rake, and going to buy a thumb and fit adapt it to use on the forks or the bucket. I still have my 5' back blade and rake for sale. Lots of tire kickers but no buyers yet.

Attachments

• DSCN1109 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1109 (Medium).JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN1110 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1110 (Medium).JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN1111 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1111 (Medium).JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 141
   / New QA Forks #2  
Nice forks George, I think I like the red forks, I bet that helps a lot with visibility. I have new Titans, thinking about painting them now!!! :thumbsup:

/ New QA Forks #3  
Good looking forks!

/ New QA Forks #4  
Hey George, I noticed you posted a pic of "The Thumb Grapple Attachment" the other day, is that what you are thinking about buying? That looked like a pretty nice unit. Would it have enough movement to lift high enough to get out of the way so you could use the forks on a pallet. I liked the looks of that unit you could mount it with bolts and mount it on the FEL bucket as well as the forks.

/ New QA Forks
I do like the red forks. Better contrast than plain black. I'm going to repaint the back plate due to scratches on it from being stacked in the warehouse. Maybe I'll use a contrasting color around the quick connect area to make lining up the quick connect easier. I sprayed some white lithium on the fork slides but think I'll use regular grease tomorrow for a better coating.

/ New QA Forks
Hey George, I noticed you posted a pic of "The Thumb Grapple Attachment" the other day, is that what you are thinking about buying? That looked like a pretty nice unit. Would it have enough movement to lift high enough to get out of the way so you could use the forks on a pallet. I liked the looks of that unit you could mount it with bolts and mount it on the FEL bucket as well as the forks.

That is my thoughts too. Buying the thumb grapple and mounting it to the fork back plate. When I get one I'd make a second bracket to mount on the bucket. Replace the bolts with pins so I could swap the cylinder and thumb from bucket to forks as needed or take it off when not needed. The thumb is 18" wide and available in 32" or 36"length. Cylinder is 2" bore with a 6" stroke.

/ New QA Forks #7  
Looks good, seem like good forks.

/ New QA Forks #8  
Nice forks, they sure do come in handy. I use mine a lot more than I thought I would.

/ New QA Forks #9  
Those look like a nice set of forks. It seems like the back plate for forks from skit steer companies are shorter than the ones often seen from tractor implement companies....maybe to prevent blocking the operator's view? I kind of like the tall back plate, as it seems handy for stacking stuff, but it's not a big deal.

Do you have a pic of the back side of the plate where the SSQA attaches? My neighbor was saying that I could add a reinforcement that would strengthen the plate (his has it, mine doesn't). Essentially, it's a vertical strip added on the inside of where the SSQA makes contact (hard to describe). I'm wondering if that's more common from skid steer companies as well?

/ New QA Forks
Those look like a nice set of forks. It seems like the back plate for forks from skit steer companies are shorter than the ones often seen from tractor implement companies....maybe to prevent blocking the operator's view? I kind of like the tall back plate, as it seems handy for stacking stuff, but it's not a big deal.

Do you have a pic of the back side of the plate where the SSQA attaches? My neighbor was saying that I could add a reinforcement that would strengthen the plate (his has it, mine doesn't). Essentially, it's a vertical strip added on the inside of where the SSQA makes contact (hard to describe). I'm wondering if that's more common from skid steer companies as well?

Attached are pics of the back of the back plate. The tractor QA mates in each corner (where the white grease marks are) of the horizontal bar welded across. A vertical bar could be welded in from the top to bottom as you mention but I don't think they need any more strength added as mine is rated for 5K as built and my loader will never come close to lifting that amount.

Attachments

• DSCN1115 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1115 (Medium).JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN1116 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1116 (Medium).JPG
    235 KB · Views: 130