New Non-Emission Tractors

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Lately I have been seeing all kinds of adds in magazines and the farming channels on TV and Sirius Radio for these tractors like Zetor and some other Russian brand advertising they are tier 3 with no emissions BS and no electronics.

How are they allowed to sell NEW tractors with no emissions systems in the USA and Canada while all the other brands are forced to sell us junk?

Is it something like what the big truck manufacturers had for a while when this first started.......using emissions credits to build non-compliant engines until those credits ran out?

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #2  
I think you may be seeing some overly aggressive advertising. I just got off the Zetor North America web site. They show that urea tanks/systems will be installed on their tractors where Tier 4 is required. It indicates that for areas/countries not requiring Tier 4 - there will be no provisions for urea use.

One small statement on many pages of hype.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #3  
I just bought a JD2025 and it doesn't have DPF, EGR or any DEF tank, but it also below the magic 25 hp number.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #4  
I just bought a JD2025 and it doesn't have DPF, EGR or any DEF tank, but it also below the magic 25 hp number.

Ding, Ding. We have a thread winner.

If it's rated 25hp or below, it doesn't need anything.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #5  
We need some grey market imported Kubotas

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #6  
We need some grey market imported Kubotas[/QUOTE

Why go back to dirty, air polluting, cancer causing technology? Buying and maintaining those emissions systems is far cheaper than dealing with the health effects dirty internal combustion engines cause.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #7  

Why go back to dirty, air polluting, cancer causing technology? Buying and maintaining those emissions systems is far cheaper than dealing with the health effects dirty internal combustion engines cause.

I have yet to meet or hear of for that matter, anyone who can attribute any health problems DIRECTLY to a pre-Tier IV diesel engine. Notice the word DIRECTLY. Lots of people have asthma, allergies, lung cancer and the like but haven't heard of one DIRECTLY linked to diesel exhaust inhalation.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors
Ding, Ding. We have a thread winner.

If it's rated 25hp or below, it doesn't need anything.

No, they were large ag tractors over 60 h.p. The Zetor adds are playing on Rural Radio on Sirius radio on the Canadian broadcast of Real Ag Radio. And they state tier 3 with no DPF or DEF fluid.

I just found the other add in Marketbook. It is for brand new MTZ 920 84 h.p. tractors. It says: Tier 3 with no DEF or DPF, no electronics, all mechanical, simple and reliable.

Or is it like Oosik says....false advertising.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors

I won't even get into this debate but having emission controlled engines in big rigs and heavy equipment.....there is NO WAY ever I will deal with that ridiculous crap that does nothing to save the environment in my personal at-home life. NO WAY. And I just bought a 1955 Allis Chalmers to ensure that.
Try getting a $30,000 bill replacing the SCR system on a Detroit Diesel and see how much you like it.

So how do you think the environment is getting saved? How many factories have to make the DEF fluid, the plastic jugs and totes it goes in that you see in every garbage can and ditch along the highway. And all the components that get replaced on my big trucks weekly that go in the garbage. And all the van and tanker trucks that have to run to deliver all that DEF fluid. And the 4.7 US gallons of fuel my DD15 Detroits burn every time they do a parked regen where the truck is unproductive because you can't move it. And that is every 8 hours in the winter.

That's the thing about environmentalists......one sided and tunnel vision.

I'll take the death. Haven't you heard....EVERYTHING causes cancer now anyway. I'll leave it at that before I explode.

/ New Non-Emission Tractors #10  
I have yet to meet or hear of for that matter, anyone who can attribute any health problems DIRECTLY to a pre-Tier IV diesel engine. Notice the word DIRECTLY. Lots of people have asthma, allergies, lung cancer and the like but haven't heard of one DIRECTLY linked to diesel exhaust inhalation.[/QUOTE

I don't doubt you haven't personally heard of the health link, but the regulations are well supported by extensive research. I don't think the George Bush administration would have supported the legislation based on shoddy science.