Buying Advice New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions?

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #11  
jb1390, with the main hyd pump being set at 2800psi, how is it that you set any of the other settings higher than the 2800psi with any certainty and what good would it actually do when the supply is only 2800psi? :confused:

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #12  
jb1390, with the main hyd pump being set at 2800psi, how is it that you set any of the other settings higher than the 2800psi with any certainty and what good would it actually do when the supply is only 2800psi? :confused:

The pump isn't "set" at a pressure, since it is an open center system. The pump provides constant flow, and will reach whatever pressure it can until a relief valve opens. The Aux valve (which the backhoe is connected to), was set by the factory at a relief pressure 3000 psi. The backhoe also has a main relief valve, which I adjusted just slightly to also be 3000 psi.

More importantly, bringing the relief pressure of an individual circuit higher will allow you to lock that function in place, and apply pressure using other functions. The increased pressure in that circuit is "disconnected" from the main hydraulic system until you open the control valve for that circuit.

The way I set the boom circuit to 4000 psi is by first backing off the boom relief valve, to decrease the pressure. I believe that I found that 1/2 turn equates to a change of 250 psi. From there, I brought it back to 3000 psi, then turned it in 2 more turns.

Edit: The reason I initially looked into this is because the backhoe functioned different than other machines that I have used. My neighbor has a 410D that I use frequently. When lifting with that, or digging roots or rocks, the boom is the least powerful function (as it is with the 75B). Once the boom is "stalled", you can lift or pry using the bucket or crowd, and the boom would stay where you left it. That would not happen with the 75B until I made this adjustment.

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #13  
Cool, now others will know how to go about doing this and getting the same results. :thumbsup:

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions?
The pump isn't "set" at a pressure, since it is an open center system. The pump provides constant flow, and will reach whatever pressure it can until a relief valve opens. The Aux valve (which the backhoe is connected to), was set by the factory at a relief pressure 3000 psi. The backhoe also has a main relief valve, which I adjusted just slightly to also be 3000 psi.

More importantly, bringing the relief pressure of an individual circuit higher will allow you to lock that function in place, and apply pressure using other functions. The increased pressure in that circuit is "disconnected" from the main hydraulic system until you open the control valve for that circuit.

The way I set the boom circuit to 4000 psi is by first backing off the boom relief valve, to decrease the pressure. I believe that I found that 1/2 turn equates to a change of 250 psi. From there, I brought it back to 3000 psi, then turned it in 2 more turns.

Edit: The reason I initially looked into this is because the backhoe functioned different than other machines that I have used. My neighbor has a 410D that I use frequently. When lifting with that, or digging roots or rocks, the boom is the least powerful function (as it is with the 75B). Once the boom is "stalled", you can lift or pry using the bucket or crowd, and the boom would stay where you left it. That would not happen with the 75B until I made this adjustment.

So if you brought it back to 3000 psi and then went two more turns you are going two more full turns. 500 psi per full turn. Correct? Counter-clockwise to decrease and clockwise to increase?

Hey jb1390, I haven't put eyes on my tractor yet. Still not in yet. Would you mind taking a couple of pictures of said valve sometime when you are not too busy? Maybe one from back a ways and then one a little closer. Then when my tractor comes in I'll give it a try.

Thank you sir, for the suggestions and sharing of experience/knowledge.

And the same to everyone who responded.

I appreciate it.

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #15  
So if you brought it back to 3000 psi and then went two more turns you are going two more full turns. 500 psi per full turn. Correct? Counter-clockwise to decrease and clockwise to increase?

Hey jb1390, I haven't put eyes on my tractor yet. Still not in yet. Would you mind taking a couple of pictures of said valve sometime when you are not too busy? Maybe one from back a ways and then one a little closer. Then when my tractor comes in I'll give it a try.

Thank you sir, for the suggestions and sharing of experience/knowledge.

And the same to everyone who responded.

I appreciate it.

If I have a chance, I'll pop the cover off the backhoe and take a picture or two. Also, don't take the information I put in here as gospel - I'm going off of memory, so I'm not positive that one full turn = 500 PSI, that's just what I remember. You'll need a gauge installed, I can take a picture of the gauge setup too if I have a chance. Also don't trust that your valves were set the same from the factory as mine - you will need a gauge to be able to adjust it correctly. You can borrow mine if you want to drive to CT :)

If I have a chance, I'll pop the cover off the backhoe and take a picture or two. Also, don't take the information I put in here as gospel - I'm going off of memory, so I'm not positive that one full turn = 500 PSI, that's just what I remember. You'll need a gauge installed, I can take a picture of the gauge setup too if I have a chance. Also don't trust that your valves were set the same from the factory as mine - you will need a gauge to be able to adjust it correctly. You can borrow mine if you want to drive to CT :)

Yes. I thought about this some more and what I will do is try the backhoe first and see how it performs. Then make adjustments if needed. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

The tractor, attachments, and implements have arrived at the dealership. I'm e-mailing them a list tomorrow of these concerns and he said he will check into them. He, and his technicians, know about several issues. One of his techs just got back from more training on the Mahindras.

Thank you gentlemen. If you think of anything else, let me know.

Tractor is in! Be a few more days before its ready. But I should have it before the next snow/Ice we are predicted to get Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday.

IMG_2628.JPGIMG_2629.JPG

I can't wait to put her to work!

/ New Mahindra Checklist/Suggestions? #20  
Tractor is in! Be a few more days before its ready. But I should have it before the next snow/Ice we are predicted to get Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday.

View attachment 497464View attachment 497465

I can't wait to put her to work!

Congrats!

I'm still "working" on my dealer to be able to get the 75B BH. They're telling me that they can't get the 3550 subframe mount from Mahindra for the 75B BH. They're supposed to be making some phone calls today to see if there's any chance to get it still...so we'll see...