New L2501

/ New L2501
I'm liking these ideas of using a box blade as a work bench / carry-all. I'm trying to locate a used one. Does it matter whether 5' or 6'? Both have Cat 1 and are wistin HP range.

The mid PTO was not a consideration for me. I have a 72" Scag Turf Tiger that handles all the mowing.

/ New L2501 #27  
I'm liking these ideas of using a box blade as a work bench / carry-all. I'm trying to locate a used one. Does it matter whether 5' or 6'? Both have Cat 1 and are wistin HP range.

The mid PTO was not a consideration for me. I have a 72" Scag Turf Tiger that handles all the mowing.
Get one as wide or wider than your rear wheel spread.

/ New L2501 #28  
I think this is a great size tractor. My brother has this model. He can do most everything my MX 5400 does. Just takes a bit longer on some projects. My MX is a just over two years old. I looked into downsizing but the value of my 2 year old tractor is about the same as a new L2500 when equipped in a similar fashion. I have 23 acres but have done most of the “big” tractor work and maintaining is where I am today. I also have a BX tractor and a Kubota zero turn. So I am at the overkill stage with equipment 😀

/ New L2501 #29  
I think this is a great size tractor. My brother has this model. He can do most everything my MX 5400 does. Just takes a bit longer on some projects. My MX is a just over two years old. I looked into downsizing but the value of my 2 year old tractor is about the same as a new L2500 when equipped in a similar fashion. I have 23 acres but have done most of the “big” tractor work and maintaining is where I am today. I also have a BX tractor and a Kubota zero turn. So I am at the overkill stage with equipment 😀
I have a MX and only 20 acres. I think it’s the perfect size for the land. I mow much of the acreage, so I appreciate the ability to use a larger cutter. I also appreciate the ability to use a heavy blade for road maintenance and the stability for loader work.

/ New L2501 #30  
I bought my L2501 HST last March and have been very pleased with the grapple work I've been able to accomplish with it. There's no way I could have gotten as much done in the past year without it.

But...I spent about a month either making or buying various guards to protect the grill and filters before I started using the grapple. Part of me can't believe that Kubota's filters are so exposed IMPO on the belly of the L2501 or that the plastic front grill is so vulnerable to sticks in OEM state. Fortunately, it's fairly easy to add expanded metal or mesh to the front guard to protect the grill and radiator. Adding guards to protect the filters under the tractor is more challenging, but they can be purchased from a couple of different sources if you don't want to mess with making your own.