New L2501

/ New L2501 #1  

Scottybdiving

Tractor
Kubota L2501 & Scag Turf Tiger II
Hello. I have been visiting this forum for information for several years. I just brought home a new L2501, FEL, grapple, and forks. I live in an area where everything is still booming and overinflated. The local dealers wouldn't budge at all. I drove 3 hours away to a dealer in a market that is not so crazy and got the exact same rig for $3700 less. Seems like dealer choice may have some part in these high prices too.

This is my 1st tractor since the late 70's when I owned a Ford 2000 and did custom tractor work while I was going to junior college. In my career I was a construction Super and always had access to loaders and backhoes, until I retired. Now I often find the need for a loader on my 9 ac homestead. I really don't need much for 3 point attachments since my property is well groomed with my ZT. Looking forward to discussing and learning more.

/ New L2501 #2  
Congratulations on the new L2501! It is a great tractor and will serve you well! Enjoy it!

Mike

/ New L2501 #3  
X2 on a great tractor selection. Amazing how much work they can perform. Nice part is they even love to idle without problems.

/ New L2501 #4  
Yes, good choice. Since you've already purchased pallet forks, I would suggest getting a box scraper. You will probably find that you have some dirt to level out, but it will also help to counter balance your lifting load. Also, look into water filling the rear tires if not already done.

/ New L2501 #6  
Congrats on your new investment. (y)

/ New L2501 #7  
+1

Seeing that you bought a grapple, one of the first things that would be good to do is to fabricate a brush guard to protect your front grill and radiator. Then belly guards to protect your transmission and hydraulic filters.

Thread on my L2501 purchase last year & brush guard, taillight guard, filter guards....https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/current-pricing-l2501-and-transmission-choice.448657/

/ New L2501 #8  
Congrats on the tractor. Enjoy TBN.

/ New L2501 #9  
Congrats on the new ride. Post some pics! 😉

/ New L2501 #10  
That's a great sized machine, I'm sure you'll like it. X2 on getting a grill guard... I waited until I rammed brush through my $400 grill to get a guard.
There are tons of example work here on TBN if you weld or fabricate. I am a terrible welder, so I bought a grill guard.