new Doo Little

/ new Doo Little #41  
I'm going to start working on jib crane addition to this trailer. Let me know if anyone cares to see it.
I've been contemplating adding a truck bed crane and a winch to our car hauler trailer for several years now. Every year, the logs seem to get heavier! 🤣 So I'd be interested in your project.(y)

/ new Doo Little
Here is the bracket I got done yesterday. Of course it needs to be welded, painted and more holes drilled in it. The trailer side are like 10 gauge thick so ill' added a stiffener flat to its top which will go under the crane bracket. You can make out the 3x3 angle under the trailer. Here I'll bolt on a angle bracket that will come around the trailers side and to this crane bracket. Top pic is the trailers side profile.
P1140988.jpg
P1140985.jpg
P1140986.jpg
P1140983.jpg

/ new Doo Little #43  
Here is the bracket I got done yesterday. Of course it needs to be welded, painted and more holes drilled in it. The trailer side are like 10 gauge thick so ill' added a stiffener flat to its top which will go under the crane bracket. You can make out the 3x3 angle under the trailer. Here I'll bolt on a angle bracket that will come around the trailers side and to this crane bracket. Top pic is the trailers side profile. View attachment 783579View attachment 783580View attachment 783581View attachment 783582
Any chance you can add a brace or gusset to one of the angle cross member below the deck to bottom of your bracket?

/ new Doo Little
Any chance you can add a brace or gusset to one of the angle cross member below the deck to bottom of your bracket?
You can make out the 3x3 angle under the trailer. To it I'll bolt on a angle bracket that will come around the trailers side and to this crane bracket.

/ new Doo Little
The crane was installed today.

Here is the 2 x 3/16th flat that was added to the bottom side the the trailers side to reinforce it. There are 8 holes in it to attache it.
P1150044.jpg

This the bracket that is bolted to a bottom support and the trailers side. All its bolts are not installed yet and the bottom angle is a 3x3. This bracket is to make the sidewall and bottom support angle help with the load.
P1150038.jpg

Here everything is bolted together.
P1150042.jpg

After done.
P1150164.jpg
P1150165.jpg

/ new Doo Little
We finally got to use the HF lift crane and gosh was it nice. All the machine you see here where lift on the bed. Still a 2 person job since the crane would need to be very level or the load wants to swivel downhill. The HF winch is junk and broke so I'll see if I can replace it. Sorry it was just us tow loading and both had to work getting them on and not be taking pictures.
rangertows5952.jpg
rangertows93727.jpg

/ new Doo Little #48  
Arly that sure is a sturdy looking trailer! When did you pick up the crane? Those must be handy.

/ new Doo Little #50  
We finally got to use the HF lift crane and gosh was it nice. All the machine you see here where lift on the bed. Still a 2 person job since the crane would need to be very level or the load wants to swivel downhill. The HF winch is junk and broke so I'll see if I can replace it. Sorry it was just us tow loading and both had to work getting them on and not be taking pictures.View attachment 823642View attachment 823643
I understand what your saying, I've used taglines and ran through a snatch block hooked on a d-ring to load and unload solo on unlevel ground with my old trailer. Glad it's working out for you.