new Doo Little

/ new Doo Little #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
We picked up a new utility trailer yesterday! Its 84 wide by 14ft long. I already noted a few things to change.
P1060818.jpg
trailert817.jpg
trailer0821.jpg

Last edited:
   / new Doo Little
Doolittle didn't put any holes along the sides to add ratchet ties to. When we haul debris* we use light straps to retain it. Its the law here you must have a covering to keep your load.

* tree branches.

/ new Doo Little
I threw some deck preservative on the wood today before it rained. Doolittle has four tie-down points inside the box located at each corner. Personally I'd like 3 or 4 per side. One can be seen in the lower photo.
P1060861.jpg
P1060862.jpg

Last edited:
   / new Doo Little #7  
Good choice. Doolittle trailers are built near here, in Holts Summit Missouri. They are well built and have a great reputation for good trailers.
If someone can wait for delivery, they accept custom orders (hope they still do). I have one of their ezloader tilt bed equipment trailers. Best I have ever owned.
That is a nice looking trailer.

What kind of fasteners are you thinking about. D rings, rub rail or ?

congratulations on a good trailer.

/ new Doo Little #8  
My little 4x8 is so narrow that have a hard time seeing it when backing up. Even going down the road sometimes have to wonder if its still following me. So I'm wondering with a 84" wide that must be close to 9' overall width?
Does that present a problem when going around drive thru eating establishments? :)

/ new Doo Little
Good choice. Doolittle trailers are built near here, in Holts Summit Missouri. They are well built and have a great reputation for good trailers.
If someone can wait for delivery, they accept custom orders (hope they still do). I have one of their ezloader tilt bed equipment trailers. Best I have ever owned.
That is a nice looking trailer.

What kind of fasteners are you thinking about. D rings, rub rail or ?

congratulations on a good trailer.
I like D rings but at this point I'm not sure what to do... On the steel sides top flabges, I was thinking I'd drill 1/2 holes along them for ratchet strap mounting. Those would be for coverings, not heavy loads like our 6x6. D rings added need to be near the floor.

Last edited:
   / new Doo Little #10  
It may be stronger if you could add tie-downs or rings to the sides down near the bottom of the trailer. Closer to the bottom where you might be able to fasten into the frame angle iron of steel. That would require longer tiedowns, but maybe much more solid. ALSO. my wife and I have done a lot of white water canoeing on Southwest whitewater rivers. For the canoe trailer, we use straps for tie-down. We use them for everything. Might check them out for light hauling like lumber, brush, trash, etc.
Go to nrs.com and search STRAPS. We use only the 1" strap. You might find them handy. We use them for everything we put into our small trailer.