New 4052m Hydraulic temp light.

/ New 4052m Hydraulic temp light. #21  
Good idea to rent the Kubota , got your grass mowed and an excellent comparable tractor . The kubota temps sound typical of a properly operating transmission. You made a good observation about the reduced fuel consumption with the kubota. The Deere with it’s transmission inefficiencies is wasting a fair amount of fuel just creating heat instead of useful power. Have you ever driven a tractor with a power shuttle or as Deere calls it power reverser transmission? That would be my preferred style transmission, by design more efficient than hydrostatic and very simple to operate. Thanks for the update and good luck, surely a frustrating situation for ya.

/ New 4052m Hydraulic temp light.
Good idea to rent the Kubota , got your grass mowed and an excellent comparable tractor . The kubota temps sound typical of a properly operating transmission. You made a good observation about the reduced fuel consumption with the kubota. The Deere with it’s transmission inefficiencies is wasting a fair amount of fuel just creating heat instead of useful power. Have you ever driven a tractor with a power shuttle or as Deere calls it power reverser transmission? That would be my preferred style transmission, by design more efficient than hydrostatic and very simple to operate. Thanks for the update and good luck, surely a frustrating situation for ya.
So the reason we picked this tractor is because my inlaws have one too. It is the power reverser and we like it a lot which is why we went with this tractor. We thought the hydro would be better for mowing as this tractor is basically going to be for mowing and this trans was the one that dealer recommended. So is it a defect causing the high diesel consumption or the hydro trans causing it?
It is frustrating because we need it now which is why we bought it and we had to wait 3 months for it and now its been another almost 2 months and still no tractor and no real answers. I hear of a lot of issues with Kubota too so we just do not know what to do at this point. At least the dealer is trying to fix it. Its almost to the point that it seems they have gotten these tractors so high tech that they can't even repair them! We have even thought about just trying to find something older and used but we didnt want to deal with issues so that was why we went new.

/ New 4052m Hydraulic temp light. #23  
Deere makes two transmissions options for your 4052m ; a 12 speed geared transmission that features a clutchless forward/reverse lever you operate with your left hand, this is what Deere calls their Power Reverser transmission. The other option is a hydrostatic Transmission which uses hydraulic oil between a variable displacement pump and fixed displacement motor instead of gears to transmit power. Deere calls this transmission the ehydro transmission , forward/reverse is controlled by pedal under your right foot. This I’m quite certain is the transmission you have and is causing your overheating hydraulic fluid issue . In layman’s terms it’s slipping (excessive internal leakage/bypassing hyd fluid) which is causing lots of heat and reduced fuel efficiency. You’re engine (Yanmar) is fine. It sucks to be in your situation but at this point just have to see what Deere is willing to do. If Deere was willing to trade your tractor for the same tractor equipped with there 12 speed power reverser transmission for little or no cost that’s what I would take 👍. Good luck

So we heard from them and they changed 2 valves out.. the rockshaft valve and relief valve. Said they were bringing it back in the next couple of days. I really hope this fixes it!

/ New 4052m Hydraulic temp light. #25  
I wonder....is it getting hot because it is dead heading?

I wonder....is it getting hot because it is dead heading?
What is dead heading? They had removed the loader off this tractor for us. They are saying that the removal of that loader is what is causing the issues and it has to do with programming. Which is really not making sense to me because they have these loaders with the quick release that operators can remove at will and reconnect.

Last edited:
   / New 4052m Hydraulic temp light. #27  
Well, what I was wondering is if the valve doesn't work right so the pump is always working hard because valve/linkage issues. That would cause heat.

They had removed the loader off this tractor for us. They are saying that the removal of that loader is what is causing the issues and it has to do with programming. Which is really not making sense to me because they have these loaders with the quick release that operators can remove at will and reconnect.

definitely seems as something was malfunctioning to me..

/ New 4052m Hydraulic temp light. #30  
You have a dealer problem. Blaming this on Deere tractors is not right. Your dealer is not willing to get a mechanic that can find and fix the problem. But maybe this time will be a charm and the relief valves have corrected it.