New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
I’ll look at the WSM later. Asked dealer to look into it. I think it’s wore a little, there’s a gap between the axle and pin when I looked at it from underneath on the back side when I was rolling tire back and forth. Dealer has tractor now, so whenever I get it back I’ll double check…

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #82  
BX2680 w/mid mount 60" mower (380 hrs) -- belt/pulley mid mount cover on one side is poorly designed, poor fitment, rides down on the pulley, then cuts thru/ melts the cover. I've also replaced the right rear axle seal (snap ring pliers req'd to access) THREE TIMES as it has a tendency to slide out (even when cleaned/prep'd properly) causing massive a hydraulic leak spraying all over the inside of the rear tire and ground ...

The rear brake/flasher light assembly covers are cheaply made, frequently pop out if you hit small branches (e.g. weeping cherry trees) -- you can use a plastic zip tie to fix, but what the hell are Kubota engineers doing over there ???

Last edited:
   / New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues....
If I ever get the damn thing back from dealer I’ll take a picture from underneath before I put deck on.

Sorry about no update. I got it back first week of May. KTAC replaced loader , I bought old one back. Thought it was weird I didn’t get the used side frames also🤷‍♂️. Anyway, seems like slop in front end was a little better. Never put deck on as I’m using my JD430 to mow lawn( does a nicer job of it also) . As far as the new loader, well, it WAS good until first time I used it. It is now the same as it was before. When I brought home it was good, I even tried the old bucket on it- nice and even. But after I used tractor to scoop, transport, and level millings for an hour or so, seems like I’m back to square one. I tried new bucket back on new loader(just to check levelness)-same. I then swapped back to the old loader assembly I bought back. Same amount of unevenness. I remember the manager saying they enlarged the holes of mounting frames and had it good then insurance said to replace loader. The frames that are on tractor seem like original ones that were on tractor, they seem faded like the old loader. Tired of dealing with this so I’ll just buy new saddle frames, bolts, and washers to see what happens. I may try to sell the old loader frame, as I have been using it with no issues, I put the grapple lines on the new loader, so if I don’t sell old loader/bucket I’ll use new loader frame for grapple work, or I’ll switch grapple back to old loader. Really debating on selling this Kubota and getting just a straight John Deere loader only tractor. Thing about JD that sucks is their quick attach is round, compared the ssqa of Kubota and others…

/ New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #85  
Sorry about no update. I got it back first week of May. KTAC replaced loader , I bought old one back. Thought it was weird I didn’t get the used side frames also🤷‍♂️. Anyway, seems like slop in front end was a little better. Never put deck on as I’m using my JD430 to mow lawn( does a nicer job of it also) . As far as the new loader, well, it WAS good until first time I used it. It is now the same as it was before. When I brought home it was good, I even tried the old bucket on it- nice and even. But after I used tractor to scoop, transport, and level millings for an hour or so, seems like I’m back to square one. I tried new bucket back on new loader(just to check levelness)-same. I then swapped back to the old loader assembly I bought back. Same amount of unevenness. I remember the manager saying they enlarged the holes of mounting frames and had it good then insurance said to replace loader. The frames that are on tractor seem like original ones that were on tractor, they seem faded like the old loader. Tired of dealing with this so I’ll just buy new saddle frames, bolts, and washers to see what happens. I may try to sell the old loader frame, as I have been using it with no issues, I put the grapple lines on the new loader, so if I don’t sell old loader/bucket I’ll use new loader frame for grapple work, or I’ll switch grapple back to old loader. Really debating on selling this Kubota and getting just a straight John Deere loader only tractor. Thing about JD that sucks is their quick attach is round, compared the ssqa of Kubota and others…
If it were me, that tractor would have already been gone. Its just ridiculous what you`ve been thru with yours.
You can change the JD over to ssqa as far as i know. That way you can keep using the qwick attach things you already have.

Our BX23s is an ok tractor, we`ve had zero issues with it since new in 2017. But if i were to do it all over again, a JD would be in my garage.

Last edited:
   / New 2021 Kubota BX2380 w/MMM & FEL- first impressions and any problems/issues.... #86  
Our old JD420 does a much better job mowing than our BX23s as well. I`ll run our old JD420 until the wheels fall off before i get rid of it.

Well, saddle frames I took off tractor had all holes drilled bigger to compensate for enevenness even with the new loader. I put the new saddle frames on with new bolts, still the same uneven bucket, even with pressure of bucket on floor when tightening saddles to spec of 108ft/lbs. I had been using the old loader frame and it was functioning fine, so I decided to sell it along with the old saddle frames. Couldn’t believe how many people were looking for one….

Few months have passed. Still uneven loader. Moved the mower deck to different spot on my pad9still tarped and on a skid), never used it this year-used the JD 430 for mowing this year. Only about 45hrs. use since I got it back with new loader. Sold the RCR1248 rotary cutter-used it twice last year and just been sitting.