Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
Guess I have what could be considered a "good" problem.:dance1: When I bought my L3901 last spring, the Kubota dealer was good enough to throw in a gift card to be used at the dealership. It can be used for any purchase or service there and they are also a Napa and Stihl dealer :) I have already bought a few items for it including items needed for the 50 hour service which I will do myself. The card will expire in May and I have approximately $650 left to use.....pretty good deal right?

Being that we here are exceedingly good at spending other member's money, this is where you all come in to provide some suggestions of what I can spend the balance on or towards. Aside from the attachments I have listed in my signature, the tractor already has a block heater, wheel spinner, rear work lights, bucket hooks, cruise control, and side fender handle added. A couple ideas I have considered to get the suggestions flowing include:

-Kubota canopy for the ROPS- Not sure how beneficial this would be so interested in other's experiences with pros and cons of having one
-Stihl professional grade saw to add to or replace one of my saw- Currently have an MS290 and MS180.
-Pre-purchase supplies needed for 200 hour service. Concerned about transmission fluid shelf life as it will most likely be several years before it is needed. Any knowledge on this topic is welcome.

So let the ideas /suggestions rip....and no, sadly I cannot transfer the gift card to you:laughing:

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #2  
If it were me, I would put it towards a remote valve kit. I would like to add a triple spool valve remote kit to my tractor for a top and tilt kit and spare remote. If you don't have a use for that and plan on keeping the tractor for a long time, I would spend it all on filters. JMO.

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #3  
The practical side of me says to pre- purchase the 200 hour service supplies however I have the canopy and it was well worth the money. Keeping the beating sun off me on those hot days mowing kept me in the seat longer.

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #4  
Guess I have what could be considered a "good" problem.:dance1: When I bought my L3901 last spring, the Kubota dealer was good enough to throw in a gift card to be used at the dealership. It can be used for any purchase or service there and they are also a Napa and Stihl dealer :) I have already bought a few items for it including items needed for the 50 hour service which I will do myself. The card will expire in May and I have approximately $650 left to use.....pretty good deal right?

Being that we here are exceedingly good at spending other member's money, this is where you all come in to provide some suggestions of what I can spend the balance on or towards. Aside from the attachments I have listed in my signature, the tractor already has a block heater, wheel spinner, rear work lights, bucket hooks, cruise control, and side fender handle added. A couple ideas I have considered to get the suggestions flowing include:

-Kubota canopy for the ROPS- Not sure how beneficial this would be so interested in other's experiences with pros and cons of having one
-Stihl professional grade saw to add to or replace one of my saw- Currently have an MS290 and MS180.
-Pre-purchase supplies needed for 200 hour service. Concerned about transmission fluid shelf life as it will most likely be several years before it is needed. Any knowledge on this topic is welcome.

So let the ideas /suggestions rip....and no, sadly I cannot transfer the gift card to you:laughing:

I 100% agree with L4400. Nothing as good as money spent for rear remotes. With that, you'll have a different and improved tractor.

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #5  
   / Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #6  

Rear tires loaded with ballast would be on my list along with the rear remote kit. The ballast will let you operate safer and the rear remotes would be nice to power a cylinder to move the chute around on your snowblower. Ken Sweet

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $
The practical side of me says to pre- purchase the 200 hour service supplies however I have the canopy and it was well worth the money. Keeping the beating sun off me on those hot days mowing kept me in the seat longer.

Did you install it yourself?

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $
Thanks for the ideas so far. I had the tires loaded on this one and an glad I did....big difference. Rear remote has potential...difficult to install?

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #9  
I dunno, i would prolly buy another new saw.... Stihl 261 would fit nice with saws you own. Light and fast:)

/ Need Ideas for Spending "Free" $ #10  
Canopy for the ROPS or a Stihl pro saw?