Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #1  

Samtj

Tractor
Yanmar ym2210BD / 1947 Ford 8n
I purchased a ym2210BD a few weeks ago and I've been doing all the basic (fluid, filters, oil) services I can think of. In doing so, I ordered a new fuel filter bowl and filter that does NOT fit (original was missing). I know I can order a new assembly from Hoye but would like to identify this one and just order the correct bowl and filter for it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200205_154619.jpg
    IMG_20200205_154619.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20200205_154630.jpg
    IMG_20200205_154630.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20200205_154656.jpg
    IMG_20200205_154656.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
   / Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #2  
would you REALLY like to mix and match parts of unknown origin??..

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #3  
When I got my YM2002D and was likewise doing all the basic maintenance and fluid changes, I ordered the set of 3 fuel filters from Hoye. When they came in, I learned the hard way that there are 2 different filter lengths for Yanmars. I was sent the longer one, but my tractor had the short bowl on it.
Is your issue a similar one?

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #4  
I purchased a ym2210BD a few weeks ago and I've been doing all the basic (fluid, filters, oil) services I can think of. In doing so, I ordered a new fuel filter bowl and filter that does NOT fit (original was missing). I know I can order a new assembly from Hoye but would like to identify this one and just order the correct bowl and filter for it.

That's the same housing STYLE that's on my JD 1070 (Yanmar equipped). There are two of them on my tractor. A larger diameter one back by the fuel tank and a smaller one up front on the right side of the motor. My JD dealer had them in stock. Filters, too.

Take it to a dealer and have them get show you the bowl and filter parts they have. EBay is probably another source.

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #5  
That's the same housing STYLE that's on my JD 1070 (Yanmar equipped). There are two of them on my tractor. A larger diameter one back by the fuel tank and a smaller one up front on the right side of the motor. My JD dealer had them in stock. Filters, too.

Take it to a dealer and have them get show you the bowl and filter parts they have. EBay is probably another source.

If you go to a JD dealer, do not give them your yanmar tractor info. Use the John Deere 1070 or 1050 model number for them to reference.
Or search for a bowl for a JD fuel filter on ebay.

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly
Radios1, not really wanting to mix and match but I hate to waste money and good parts if I don't have too.

CoyPatton, I believe so. The filter and bowl I received were too large of a diameter to fit the assembly I have so the previous owner has at some point replaced it with one from a different tractor. The bowl was busted so he had an inline filter in it's place.

Zzvyb6 and CoyPatton, thanks for that info guys. I will visit the my local JD dealer in the morning.

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #9  
I also ran into a similar problem on a Mitsubishi.
The filter/bowl was simply not to be found.
Bowls, yes but too long and hit a casting but short filters no joy.
For some reason my bowl was heat warped and I could not use proper filters.

What I did is to relegate the existing bowl to a water separator (added a drain valve) and cut and added an in line filter.
That was many years back and so far works very well for me.

You gotta do what u gotta do.

/ Ned help identifying fuel filter assembly #10  
The YM2000 and the YM2210 uses the same FF.. Here is the NAPA.# for that Fuel Filter. 3262. On the Fuel Bowl you also use the same US. version of the YM2000 Which is the YM240. JD. sold back in the day so they're have that or can get it.......... Is that a 2210 or 2000. Fuel Filter assembly? The hose connections are at a angle I noticed so that may not be correct.....? Take it with you.