Mud Season is almost done?

/ Mud Season is almost done? #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Time to take the Berco cab, Woodmaxx snowblower, tire chains and Loader edgers off :) This year will do a complete tune up including hydraulics-maybe even a new battery. Im still on the original and unless I keep the trickle charger on it can barely turn the motor on a warm day. Battery is 9 years old though...

The new gear assemble for the TAC worked perfect in the cooooold days.

Battery recommendations? OEM, interstate or? Need a good one for cold Maine winters and the added LED lights, plus the cab heater, deflector and chute motors.

/ Mud Season is almost done? #2  
Hey cdaigle430,

I know what you mean about mud season, my tractor usually sits in the garage when the ice starts coming off of the driveway in early April until late May or early June, because I do not want muddy ruts throughout the property.

Here is a link to the battery I purchased before last winter: Duracell Ultra Battery for BCI Group 51 SLI - SLI51 at Batteries Plus Bulbs

I was worried that during a long snow storm last winter that my old OEM tractor battery would die, only because it's about 10 years old.

I looked for an OEM battery replacement, but was unsuccessful. The original battery was still doing the job, but I noticed the cranking to start the tractor was a little bit slower in the colder temperatures before winter.

F.Y.I. I kept the OEM battery in the garage all winter long sitting without any charger hooked up to it and the glass window still is showing "green", I will have the battery tested before I turn it in for a core to see at what percent life it's at.

KC

/ Mud Season is almost done? #3  
I'm figuring least month before adventuring off the hard surfaces,seems to be lot water in the ground this year.

/ Mud Season is almost done? #4  
My wet areas remained too wet for tractor travel all last year and with the rain so far this Season it will be at least a month before I travel far from the gravel driveway probably two.

/ Mud Season is almost done? #5  
We have gotten three inches of rain in Northern NY the last couple days;three weeks away from doing any work in the fields.Have a new pole barn to build ,so ready for dry weather.

/ Mud Season is almost done? #6  
For sure. Another two weeks and I will be complaining about all the dust from my driveway.

/ Mud Season is almost done? #7  
We’d dry up if it STOPPED raining already! :duh: I have a garage waiting to be built.

/ Mud Season is almost done? #8  
Mud season is at full strength right here right now, the good news is I wont need a Ark. I seen lot of Aprils where forest fire danger is high, just not this year and not tonight or tomorrow or rest of the month. Weather man said it's guaranteed to dry out by August, September at the latest.

Johnny Cash "How High is The Water Momma" - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Mud Season is almost done? #9  
Yes, here in the Great Northeast (OK, a bit over the top, I know) the frost went WAY deep due to all the $#@$ freeze-thaw cycles we experienced this winter. Still waiting for our dirt road to dry out, though it's better than it was a week or two ago. My snowblower's staying on for a while yet!

/ Mud Season is almost done? #10  
I'm figuring least month before adventuring off the hard surfaces,seems to be lot water in the ground this year.

If the rain doesn't cease (for a few weeks), mud season might go into June...