Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
My battery is now having a hard time with the trickle charger. Its origional and 13 years old.

Was wondering what would be the best replacement brand wise? I have never had an issue with the current capacity or CCA. Even whith my snowblower the LED lights, and electric chute and deflector.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #2  
My battery is now having a hard time with the trickle charger. Its origional and 13 years old.
Was wondering what would be the best replacement brand wise? I have never had an issue with the current capacity or CCA. Even whith my snowblower the LED lights, and electric chute and deflector.
long answer...whatever meets amp req and is massey approved. IOW a battery from massey.
simple answer...whatever fits.
not like you need dual AGM stuff in that like I had to run in 4 plow trucks.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #3  
Best battery is Interstate - otherwise get what fits that has the appropriate CCA rating.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #4  

I'm opinionated on batteries but Dave M is close to my thinking. If it fits the hole, the cables reach and the CCA are adequate everything else is elective & not real important. The 13 years is a good tour of duty for your orig battery. These days with absurd battery prices exceeding $200 I caved in and go to Walmart. If the CCA is good (and it fits) I go for the least expensive. For sure I ignore the so-called guarantee because unless you are in the non-prorated period of free replacement the guarantees are utterly worthless. In the last 60 years I have never seen a battery -- pro-rated replacement upon failure -- to save anything over just going out and finding a new one at a better price.
Essentially all lead acid batteries for cars/trucks/tractors have been rebuilt from the core a previous person traded in. The REALLY brand new ones exist but mostly on brand new vehicles and that is a 'maybe' & not all cases. Buying a truly "new from scratch" battery is cost prohibitive in the unlikely event you can find one.

So I'd go for the cheapest one that meets your spec needs ... and if you want to spend more, spend it on higher capacity, CCA, etc. not the brand name.

Of course it is very different if you run a large fleet of tractors, have a service staff, get all your parts at significant discount via a long established source, etc. Most of us are NOT in those shoes and since you used the orig battery 13 years neither are you. Best of luck.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #5  
Mine is an Interstate. I had to order it from the local dealer. The CCA is higher than oem, and it seems to start better with the interstate.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #6  
So I'd go for the cheapest one that meets your spec needs ... and if you want to spend more, spend it on higher capacity, CCA, etc. not the brand name.
I used to sell interstates as the garage I worked at was a dealer.
I ran 2 850cca interstates in my 1980 and 1981 thunderbirds, 302 stroker motor took 2 to crank in below 0 weather.
whatever fits and works.
especially since (it seems) you keep a maintainer plugged in.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #7  
Mine is an Interstate. I had to order it from the local dealer. The CCA is higher than oem, and it seems to start better with the interstate.
it ain't the brand that matters there, its the CCA.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #8  
it ain't the brand that matters there, its the CCA.
Yes, I realize that. It just happens that Interstate had the highest CCA for that sized battery, compared to NAPA and whatever AutoZone sells. So the brand does matter somewhat.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #9  
Yes, I realize that. It just happens that Interstate had the highest CCA for that sized battery, compared to NAPA and whatever AutoZone sells. So the brand does matter somewhat.
do you run maintainer plugged in?
no idea where you are at but I'm in Maine so one is always plugged in (since its stored outside) due to temps that can hit -28F real temps. sucks when its below -20F and you got a wind chill crap on top of that LOL
battery in my 2010 GC2400 is org, thats 13 years in Maine weather.

eg: heres my lows, highs, and current as of 2 minutes ago here for the last year. -21.3F in early January 2022.

temps.PNG

Last edited:
   / Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #10