Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #11  
   / Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #12  
Purchased mine in 2018 for either $110 or $130, can't remember.

Online purchase has a 10% coupon discount which comes to $148.50 (includes core).

No sales tax in Montana.

The CCA is more than OEM battery.

KC

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #13  
do you run maintainer plugged in?
no idea where you are at but I'm in Maine so one is always plugged in (since its stored outside) due to temps that can hit -28F real temps. sucks when its below -20F and you got a wind chill crap on top of that LOL
battery in my 2010 GC2400 is org, thats 13 years in Maine weather.

eg: heres my lows, highs, and current as of 2 minutes ago here for the last year. -21.3F in early January 2022.

View attachment 776670

I don't run a maintainer here in PA. Temps rarely go below -5, and usually only for a few days. We hit 45 today, Christmas day it was -1.

I store it in a shed that until a few years ago, had no electricity. I just have 125' of #12 extension cords strung together from my garage out to the shed for lights, etc. If you put permanent electric lines in, they wack you for more taxes. So this works well enough.

I do plug in the block heater for 30 minutes or so when it's below 20. Makes starting wayyyy easier.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #14  
I don't run a maintainer here in PA. Temps rarely go below -5, and usually only for a few days. We hit 45 today, Christmas day it was -1.

I store it in a shed that until a few years ago, had no electricity. I just have 125' of #12 extension cords strung together from my garage out to the shed for lights, etc. If you put permanent electric lines in, they wack you for more taxes. So this works well enough.

I do plug in the block heater for 30 minutes or so when it's below 20. Makes starting wayyyy easier.
yeah I got heater also, I use it when below 0 just cause with maintainer I can hit glow plugs 30 seconds and its running.
but...its there. better to have and not need than need and not have.
really helps in -10+ weather, plug in wait 30 minutes hit key tractor running.
then let run 30 minutes before messing with hydraulics LOL
but maintainer is most important for me.
was 13 today when I fired tractor up. org 2010 battery, 15 seconds glow plug, turned 8 times and running.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #15  
I sold Interstate batteries for years. They were the best.

Unfortunately, like everything else, they have slipped in quality.

The last few I bought were not remarkable.

My close second choice was a NAPA Legend. So, that's what I am buying currently.

I would use that, or a Deka battery. Which is supposed to do well in a high vibration environment.

Check on line before going to the store. In a push to generate on line sales, you can often get a better price buying on line, and picking it up.

These tractors use a standard Honda battery size. Know as Group 51.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410
I will check out NAPA Legend, Maybe Die Hard?

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #17  
napa is good, also had good luck in high amp usage (plows) with duralast.
killed diehards in plows after 16 months.
but your tactor wont take 160amp alternators and twin 850+ cca batteries from 14.7 to 11v with one button press, you ain't lifting 875lbs (close to 1K lbs if plugged with snow) on front or running electric salters on back and running heaters (defrost cycles ac compressor) /rear window-mirror defrost/multiple lights and all that crap on your tractor.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #18  
Then there are those of us who are just too cheap to buy a new battery and soldier on with the original.... :)

DSC00591.JPG

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #19  
A decent quality battery maintainer makes all the difference.

If you don't have power, there are solar charger options.

I have two mower batteries that wouldn't cold start anything a couple of years ago, but, they still work fine, if I just plug them in after I use them. So, I do that now with everything in my shop, except my golf cart in the summer. That gets used everyday, so I don't bother.

Maybe, when Irving gets a new battery, I'll replace my fuel filter? Maybe.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #20  
Discussing what is the best brand of battery falls into the same merry-go-round as what is the best brand of tractor. I gives everyone the opportunity to display their prejudices. Almost any brand will work as good as another with a little basic battery maintenance.