Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410
In the past I had my fair share if garbage brand batteries tgat just werent the lead used to make them.

For example..sears die hard when it was sears was tge biggest crap I ever owned in Maibe cooold winters. Always had problems with them. At the time Duralast was the best.

10 years ago Mopar and Interstate was the best but I will never buy another interstate.

Seems like every decade or so in my opinion battery brands on top change.

I mught just as well buy a battery from BJs or Tractor Supply.

I just bought a DeWalt battery rejuvanator/maintainer so I might be able to hold off a little bit longer.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #22  
My last several batteries were NAPA. I take the battery in set it on the counter and say I need a replacement for this. They bring me a new one with comparable CCA and I go on my merry way. Life is complicated enough, I refuse to make purchasing a battery complicate it more.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #23  
In the past I had my fair share if garbage brand batteries tgat just werent the lead used to make them.

For example..sears die hard when it was sears was tge biggest crap I ever owned in Maibe cooold winters. Always had problems with them. At the time Duralast was the best.

10 years ago Mopar and Interstate was the best but I will never buy another interstate.

Seems like every decade or so in my opinion battery brands on top change.

I mught just as well buy a battery from BJs or Tractor Supply.

I just bought a DeWalt battery rejuvanator/maintainer so I might be able to hold off a little bit longer.
running this on my tractor, 2 neighbors tractors, generator at my dads, and think I got a spare laying in shed. first on in use 10-2020. never a single problem.

1672434365452.png

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #24  
So yesterday, with increasing worry about my OEM battery, I put on a BatteryMINDer charger/desulfator for about 26 hours, now disconnected and watching voltage drop....

Surprise! After 24 hours, it's still showing 12.98! It was 13+ when charger was first disconnected, as was expected. I'll now watch it for a few days to see how it holds up, but I'm thinking I must have gotten a "special" --well-made-- battery or something. Very surprised to see it holding up so well!

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #25  
irvingj,

Do you have the OEM battery with the "green" sight glass?

KC

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #26  
Yes. It's hard to see, buried under the wiring harness (check previous pic on p. 2), but yeah, it's one of those "green if good" sight glass things.

I suspect the battery holding up so well is quite possibly also related to my replacing the broken ground cable from the engine to the frame some years ago-- and adding a second one on the other side-- as well as cleaning up that ground cable attach point from the battery negative terminal to that very awkward spot under the floor next to the fuel pump....

DSC00618.JPG

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #27  
Odd my 2010 gc2400 doesn't have the green if good, know it's old cause it had date sticker of 6-2010 on it when I got the tractor in 10-2020. Sticker has since worn off.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #28  
So yesterday, with increasing worry about my OEM battery, I put on a BatteryMINDer charger/desulfator for about 26 hours, now disconnected and watching voltage drop....

Surprise! After 24 hours, it's still showing 12.98! It was 13+ when charger was first disconnected, as was expected. I'll now watch it for a few days to see how it holds up, but I'm thinking I must have gotten a "special" --well-made-- battery or something. Very surprised to see it holding up so well!
You really need to do a load test on it.

I'm pretty sure most parts stores will do it N/C, if you don't have access to one.

I like my trusty toaster style tester.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #29  
Best battery is Interstate - otherwise get what fits that has the appropriate CCA rating.
I disagree. The best battery is one that is changed out every 5 years or so and the terminals kept clean and bright. Flooded cell jars all have one thing in common and that is, once the electrolyte is added, they begin to degrade.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #30  
Yes. It's hard to see, buried under the wiring harness (check previous pic on p. 2), but yeah, it's one of those "green if good" sight glass things.

I suspect the battery holding up so well is quite possibly also related to my replacing the broken ground cable from the engine to the frame some years ago-- and adding a second one on the other side-- as well as cleaning up that ground cable attach point from the battery negative terminal to that very awkward spot under the floor next to the fuel pump....

View attachment 778114

Yes, my OEM battery was just like your, a very good/strong battery.

But in 2018 (I think) I decided to change it out before the winter so that I would not be jumping the battery.

I started using a trickle charger on it a year or two before since I drained the battery a few time during the summer.

I would turn on my front overhead after market lights while driving into my woodshed and then would forget about turning them off after exiting the shed.

This was done during daylight time...

Oh well, operator error.

KC