Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #31  
If I had a battery last 13 years I would try to find another one just like it.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #32  
My battery is now having a hard time with the trickle charger. Its origional and 13 years old.

Was wondering what would be the best replacement brand wise? I have never had an issue with the current capacity or CCA. Even whith my snowblower the LED lights, and electric chute and deflector.
Wow you did quite well keeping that sucker going 13 yrs!

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410
Update..well bought a new batteru from walmart...500 cca.

Brought ut home and put it on the trickle charger to make sure its 100% before I installed it.

Wellllll....the trickle charger was doing the same thing on the new battery as it did on the old...flashing red and green.

After running some tests on it I found the charger was no good and through it away.

Used the new dewalt charger/maintainer/conditioner on the origional battery and it is back to its normal self.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #34  
The best battery is one that is changed out every 5 years or so and the terminals kept clean and bright.
That would be a TREMENDOUS waste of money for us.
Most of our batteries last in the ten year range. Sometimes more.
Our 2007 MF 1540 has the original battery still.
Our 2011 Ford ranger just got it's first battery replacement.
Our Craftsman riding mower battery was replaced this past year with 9 years on it.
Over a lifetime, battery changes every 5 years would add up to significant money that could be better spent elsewhere.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #35  
Not for me. I depend on reliable starts all the time. We have a commercial farm, not a hobby and I get my batteries from a commercial truck outfit at substantial discount as well.

How about Group 34's, 1300 CCA Delphi's for 80 bucks. Chump change compared to a no start scenario.

Like I maintain, ANY flooded cell jar is dying as soon as the juice is installed.

Every 5 years... Just went out and started both of them at -4 (f), unheated barn, no block warmers, 20 seconds pre heat 1/2 crank and both were running. Have not been run in a month either and both are pushing 20 years old and both farm.

I do keep ALL the connections clean, bright and coated with dielectric grease too. I am a maintenance person because I depend on them, it's my business.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #36  
Over a lifetime, battery changes every 5 years would add up to significant money that could be better spent elsewhere.
On what? Beer? 80 bucks every 5 years is total chump change. You need to reevaluate your program I'd say.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #37  
You need to reevaluate your program I'd say.
LOL!! Well, reevaluating one's maintenance program is always good advice.
While we're handing out friendly advice; I would reevaluate those $80.00 batteries that compel you to automatically replace every 5 years.
There has to be something majorly haywire going on there.

/ Best Battery Replacement for the GC2410 #38  
LOL!! Well, reevaluating one's maintenance program is always good advice.
While we're handing out friendly advice; I would reevaluate those $80.00 batteries that compel you to automatically replace every 5 years.
There has to be something majorly haywire going on there.
Not really. The Delphi jars I buy are used in big trucks and the dealer I get them from has a huge turnover. I don't let them get weak ever.