#@$%@ Moles!!!!!

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Within the last couple of weeks I've had mole trails everywhere. We've had lots of rain so ground is soft. I tamp them flat, next day they're back, dirt raised up 3"-4" or so, along sidewalks or across yard, hundreds of feet.
What's the fix?

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #2  
I have used mole traps with some success, they are a pain, they pretty much wreck my place every fall.. Sometimes I can see the ground moving and I shoot them, dead and buried all in one..

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #3  
I've used the spiked mole trap for years with good results. As the years went by, I kept buying more traps due to the large number and the better chance of a kill. Now I have 12 traps and usually get the critter on the first setting. One mole can do enough damage to make one think there are many moles. It's kinda of an ongoing war especially when there is a wet season. This year's drought allowed me a full season without setting traps.
Cheers,
Mike

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #4  
Sell out and move....!!!!!! Whilst you can still have hair on your head, and your wits about you...!!!!! [[[ :) ]]]

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!!
If I just had Reggie back (rip) tomcat made it to 20. He would sit on a fencepost watching for a blade of grass to move then pounce. He'd flip them up in the air then eat them. Same with mice, rats, inside or out.

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!!
Sell out and move....!!!!!! Whilst you can still have hair on your head, and your wits about you...!!!!! [[[ :) ]]]
20181017_192548.jpeg

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #7  
Saving your hair is easy...just put it in a shoe box...:D

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #8  
buy a jug of "mole out". Open the trail and pour some in it. Don't know if it kills them or just runs them off but it works

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #9  
Well, I'm here to help.... haahhaaa

First, visit the mole man and find out real information about your new adversary.

Mole control, biology and trapping help, 1986, professional, author, tom schmidt | The Mole Man

The first year I had mole problems, they undermined our swimming pool, causing the bottom to collapse, tearing the liner and sending 12,500 gallons of water through my garage. Game on!!!!

That was August and I killed 29 of them with traps before the ground froze.

Year 2 I started trapping as soon as I saw signs of them, and stopped counting at 50 confirmed dead moles.

Year 3 I did the same, stopping the count at 50 again.

Year's 4,5 & 6 same thing.

So I'm up to over 300 moles in 6 years.... ON ONE ACRE!

Then, years 7-10, I only killed about a dozen, and every year since, I only see one or two. It's been at least 15 years. I figure somewhere between 350-400 now.

Here's what you do. Go buy yourself a couple Victor Out O' Sight mole traps. They are about $12.00 each (I have 6).

Learn how to set them. They can be set in any soil type at any depth. They are extremely durable, last decades, work very well, and seldom miss when triggered. They also kill the mole very fast VS a lot of other traps that don't. You want to be as humane as possible.

Moles are meat eaters. Earthworms are their primary food. They also eat insect larvae like grubs. They dig two types of tunnels. One is a highway tunnel to get from point A to point B. The other is a feeding tunnel. That's where they explore for food, and tear up the lawn like a wrinkled carpet. It's about hopeless to trap the feeding tunnels. Trap the highways. And don't bother with the mounds.

To find the highways, look along building edges, sidewalks, foundations, and right under fences. Any object that they run into they tend to tunnel along. Those are the most productive tunnels to trap.

Take your heel and press the tunnel down in several places. Check your heel marks later in the day or the next morning. Anywhere your heel mark has been pressed back up is an active tunnel. Place your traps on the active tunnels.

Buy yourself a pack of marker flags on the little wires. Use those to mark your heel marks. It makes things a lot easier.

Trap the perimiter of your property and the interior. Moles are a bit territorial, so once you kill a few, others will move in on the same tunnels. By trapping the interior, you kill the home based moles. Then trap the perimiter to get the ones that are tying to move in. Once you clear out the interior, you just need to keep tabs on the perimiter.

Any questions, I'd be happy to address. Good luck. :thumbsup:

/ #@$%@ Moles!!!!! #10  
Harbor Freight sells an item that's called Mole Chaser (about $10.00). It is solar powered and you stick it in the ground and every 30 seconds it makes a beep sound, and makes the mole leave the area. Have used them several years, and they seem to work for me.