Modify seat to tilt forward

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #1  

pmhowe

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610
I have a Ck2610 that will have to remain outside in the sunshine (and rain) for the next six to eight months until I can get a shed built for it. I would like to be able to tilt the seat forward so that it lays against the steering wheel. This would protect it from UV light and prevent rain from collecting in the seat. Has anyone done this successfully?

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #2  
Don’t wanna step out my lane but wouldn’t a tarp be better? It would also help protect instrument cluster from uv as well.

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #3  
Simple answer. Large black plastic garbage bag. Pull over the seat - pull the drawstring tight.

/ Modify seat to tilt forward
Thanks for the responses.The plastic bag probably provides the simplest and easiest approach. I'll use that, as I only need a temporary solution. Handling a tarp big enough for the tractor in below freezing temperatures and high winds is something I have tried and decided I didn't like. I use them for smaller items in wind-protected places. The flip seat looked like a good idea if it were easy to do.
P

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #5  
Plastic garbage bag provides the best protection from the sun and will be equal to under cover - when your new shed is completed.

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #6  
My LK3054 seat flipped forward and covered the instrument cluster. Best of both worlds. I left my CK2610 tractor out Saturday night and the dew the next morning filled the seat with water. I haven't really checked the mounting, but, I am going to figure a way to make this seat tilt forward..... one of these days. Let us know if you get it done.
Patrick

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #7  
Simple answer. Large black plastic garbage bag. Pull over the seat - pull the drawstring tight.

was thinking the same thing as I read the question..

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #8  
Thanks for the responses.The plastic bag probably provides the simplest and easiest approach. I'll use that, as I only need a temporary solution. Handling a tarp big enough for the tractor in below freezing temperatures and high winds is something I have tried and decided I didn't like. I use them for smaller items in wind-protected places. The flip seat looked like a good idea if it were easy to do.
P
Until my tractor could live inside I used a small tarp; 7x5 or 6x8. Just enough to cover the seat, instrument panel and wiring/hoses by 3pt. Held on with bungies. Also made it easier to get the snow off the driver compartment.

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #9  
Animal damage is another significant problem for tractor seats if stored outside. The worst problem is crows picking at the soft foam and sometimes rodents.

/ Modify seat to tilt forward #10  
I have a Ck2610 that will have to remain outside in the sunshine (and rain) for the next six to eight months until I can get a shed built for it. I would like to be able to tilt the seat forward so that it lays against the steering wheel. This would protect it from UV light and prevent rain from collecting in the seat. Has anyone done this successfully?
Get one of those overheads that attach to the ROPS and Use a heavy poly tarp and bungee cords.
I have the same issue so I bought one with a Cab; in the long haul, it's cheaper than the building.