Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #21  
the guy that did 2 acres of brush, dead trees (beetle kill) and branches used a 100 HP skid steer tracked unit and a front forestry mulcher. he did a super quick job. can handle hills and slopes easily. that thing just shredded everything...even roots.

That is how many do it here too.

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #22  
Hmmm....12 acres....maybe a hydro-ax? I had 1800 big evergreens removed, chipped, and hydro-ax cleaned up. It was about 3 days of work for them.

tree guys last day-chipping 010_1.JPG

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #23  
Man, that looks like it would be so much fun to operate!!!

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope
Hmmm....12 acres....maybe a hydro-ax? I had 1800 big evergreens removed, chipped, and hydro-ax cleaned up. It was about 3 days of work for them.

View attachment 684112

Yeaaaahhhh.....uhhhhh...that machine would probably destroy their property.
Youd have to see the place to know what I mean.
Skid or mini on rubber tracks is what were looking for.

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #25  
Yeaaaahhhh.....uhhhhh...that machine would probably destroy their property.
Youd have to see the place to know what I mean.
Skid or mini on rubber tracks is what were looking for.

I don’t think those big wheels would hurt anything to bad. No worse than a tracked skid loader is going to.

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope
I don’t think those big wheels would hurt anything to bad. No worse than a tracked skid loader is going to.

Its not going to work. Trees to work around, streams, small hills.
Wont work. They have a 20 million dollar farm/estate property, not a industrial site.

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #27  
Yes, but they are scared of strangers. They are in their 80s and VERY wealthy, but very cautious. Right now, the groundskeeper and his helper are trying to clear land with a small Kubota and chainsaws. Been working the same patch since August and only got a few acres cleared.
I agree they should hire a land clearing company, but they are scared they will tear the place up and take advantage of them. They know me and trust me.
I did make a call to a land clearing company and they want 1500 a day for metal tracked skid steer, mulcher head, operator, fuel per day. The land is is sloping, has creeks and large trees, so its not like you can get it done fast.

I really need to consider getting into the clearing business. I do it now by renting or using my 15 bush hog. Depends on what痴 being cleared. With all my farm fields needing edge clearing combined with others calling me for it, it feels like time to take the plunge. Just have lots of concerns with collapsing economic times ahead. Kids in college is a drain, too.

"they know me and trust me"

Yep......us old folk must always be wary of the young bucks!

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #28  
ForumRunner_20140728_180345.pngForumRunner_20140728_180254.png

This is the idea you need. It would be slow with this outfit but you could go around trees easily and slopes are not a concern.

The pictures are a quarter turn out but you get the idea.

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #29  
Its not going to work. Trees to work around, streams, small hills.
Wont work. They have a 20 million dollar farm/estate property, not a industrial site.

To finish, you run the mulching head while backing up so it looks like it was finish graded. I don't understand why someone so "rich" wants expert landscaping done on a "estate" by a hay dude with limited experience.:confused3: I'm not rich or have a fancy estate but am glad I hired the experts. :cool2:

/ Mini/midi ex land clearing on slope #30  
To finish, you run the mulching head while backing up so it looks like it was finish graded. I don't understand why someone so "rich" wants expert landscaping done on a "estate" by a hay dude with limited experience.:confused3: I'm not rich or have a fancy estate but am glad I hired the experts. :cool2:

I am willing to wager that "hay dude" is INFINITELY MORE CAPABLE than any ordinary .... "hay dude"!