Millennial Job Interview

/ Millennial Job Interview #31  
There's a current commercial about a guy using a smart phone to live stream how to change a flat tire. I shake my head.....

/ Millennial Job Interview
This thread reminds me of an article i was reading a while ago, about how each succeeding generation is lazy, stupid, etc. The article contained quotes from other sources thru the years. I got fooled a couple times as i thought a few of the quotes had been from recent years, only to find out was from 100 + years ago.

The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Sincerely,
Socrates (deceased)*

75569-004-3B260631.jpg

There's no proof that he said it, but there's no proof that he didn't.;)

Steve

/ Millennial Job Interview #33  
I sensed the direction we were headed years ago when younger folks could not make change at the store without the assistance of the "smart cash register".

/ Millennial Job Interview #34  
I retired at the end of the 2007 spring semester. I do miss interacting with students. These days, most of my friends are senior citizens -- we can't carry on a conversation without feeling obligated to inquire about each other's health.:)

Steve

When you get up there in age the physical plant starts to break down, and you realize maintaining is pretty much job number one.

/ Millennial Job Interview #35  
I sensed the direction we were headed years ago when younger folks could not make change at the store without the assistance of the "smart cash register".

I encountered one who could not count change even when the register told him how much change to give back.

/ Millennial Job Interview #36  
I encountered one who could not count change even when the register told him how much change to give back.

An interesting story my Dad told: It seems one of his friends who owned a grocery store married and brought his new wife into the store, but she could not make change. Keep in mind this was probably 70 or 80 years ago. My dad was enlisted to help teach this woman how to count out change. In those days in a small country store there wasn't any machine to tell you how much change to give back. People counted out change to the nearest dollar and went from there. He said it took him a long time to get this technique pounded into her head, but he was finally successful. I remember her when I was a small child and going to that same store to buy candy and bubble gum. So there have been "challenged" people all along. :) And there has always been those of us trying to help them.

/ Millennial Job Interview #37  
There's still people that are just plain stupid.

/ Millennial Job Interview #38  
A few days ago I made a purchase of 81 cents. I gave the clerk $1.01, and expected 2 dimes change. He used his calculator 2 or 3 times, then gave me 1 dime, 1 nickel, and 5 pennies.

Bruce

/ Millennial Job Interview #39  
A few days ago I made a purchase of 81 cents. I gave the clerk $1.01, and expected 2 dimes change. He used his calculator 2 or 3 times, then gave me 1 dime, 1 nickel, and 5 pennies.

Bruce

You just have to remember that this type of calculation does not come easy for some people. I often think and do just what you did, but it often results in blank stares and confusion.

/ Millennial Job Interview

Bruce

He may have been using "new math.";)

what.png

Steve