Job Interview in Pajamas ?

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
County Extension Agent told my wife that she had been contacted by a local businessman asking her if she could set up a process with the 4-H agent or somebody else to give high school students instructions on how to attend a job interview. The most promising applicant for a job he wanted to fill showed up wearing Winnie the Pooh pajamas and houseshoes. The young lady had filled out an great application and had a well done resume, ...BUT.

Well she didn't get the job.

At least it wasn't Sponge Bob Squarepants PJs.

I will say this is from no guidance at home. I mean common sense tells you not to wear pjs if you want the job.

RSKY

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #2  
My wife and I went shopping for a pair of dress pants for our son last weekend. We looked at 8 different stores and found nothing. Most of the "pants" in his size were sweatpants. Clothing styles have definitely changed.

Since the applicant was the "most promising", I would have asked her to leave and come back wearing something more appropriate. Chances are she didn't want the job and wouldn't have come back anyway.

My wife relayed a story of two certified nursing assistants getting in a very loud shouting match at work the other day. To my surprise they were actually fired! Society as a whole is going downhill fast imho.

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #3  
My wife and I went shopping for a pair of dress pants for our son last weekend. We looked at 8 different stores and found nothing. Most of the "pants" in his size were sweatpants. Clothing styles have definitely changed.
Does he take an odd size? What was the occasion you were buying them for? These days for most occasions "business casual" is about as dressed up as most people get, shouldn't have that much trouble finding that. Need something dressier, maybe a place that sells suits?

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #4  
Well, doesn’t sound like that was really the most promising. Bet mommy and daddy filled out the paperwork if I were to guess…

What weird times we live in. Everyone is screaming for employees and no one is taking the jobs or they have so little drive they’re just a time suck.

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #5  
They are for a grade school Christmas program. The size is a normal 14/16 kids pants. We saw a total of one suit in 8 stores and it was too big on a clearance rack. I admit, dress pants are probably available at other stores, we just need to keep looking. We went to Burlington, Kohl's, TJ Max, Walmart, Meijer, and my wife went to a few more. The town of 30k people we live in has limited choices.

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #6  
We interviewed a woman for a job and her husband came with her and sat in on the interview. We didn't hire her.

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #7  
County Extension Agent told my wife that she had been contacted by a local businessman asking her if she could set up a process with the 4-H agent or somebody else to give high school students instructions on how to attend a job interview. The most promising applicant for a job he wanted to fill showed up wearing Winnie the Pooh pajamas and houseshoes. The young lady had filled out an great application and had a well done resume, ...BUT.

Well she didn't get the job.

At least it wasn't Sponge Bob Squarepants PJs.

I will say this is from no guidance at home. I mean common sense tells you not to wear pjs if you want the job.

RSKY
Well,, you are south of possum trot.....

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #8  
This has always been a pet peeve of mine.
My daughter participates in job interviews at the company she works for. The stories are eye opening!
I still proudly remember driving to her first job interview at 15 years old. She was dressed professionally, and presented herself very well in appearance and communication / conversation skills. She was hired on the spot, and still works there almost 10 years later.
I credit most of her success as a young adult to early involvement in 4H and FFA. Amazing organizations.

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #9  
Maybe this promising candidate didn't want to work and just showed up to fulfil her requirement to be "actively seeking" employment for her unemployment to continue.

/ Job Interview in Pajamas ? #10  
Interview.jpg