Mice mischief

/ Mice mischief #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Hadn’t used the Kubota M59 for a few weeks and only had a few killing Frosts lately. Preheated twice and fired up. Several dozen red oak acorns shot out of the side exhaust, blunder bust style! First I seen them use inside the exhaust. Checked under the hood and found a nest of grass and shedded snake skin on top of the radiator. Spent the afternoon cutting moving trees with no problems or unusual smells. Screened the air cleaner intake several years ago. Guess they are looking for a new pantry.

/ Mice mischief #4  
I put enough Tomcat in my garage to kill a water buffalo when I left this year for the winter.

Threw Moth balls under the RV.

Hate mice. They chew stuff up for no reason. They can't eat it, they can't use it for bedding, they're not trying to get into something -- They just like to chew it up.

So I'm gonna learn to like to poison them.

/ Mice mischief #5  
Rats are good for chewing up wiring not so much mice.... My Jeep has been victims of chewed wires and wife's Honda which sits next to Jeep seem to be ignored.... Many car companies have gone to a cheap SOY based insulation on wires and it seem to attract critters.... Think there was class action suit against SUBARU for this very reason... Biggest problem with mice seems to be nesting place and not chewing up "stuff", had air cleaner stuffed full of mouse nest and a "pantry" filled with acorns. even dead mouse, but then he may have suffocated as engine drew air in...

/ Mice mischief #6  
Mice and chipmunks here. I've tried almost everything. It all works for a while. The best cure I've found - leave the hood open on your vehicle. Apparently they do not like the open spaces. Lawn mower - ATV - tractor - Power Wagon.

/ Mice mischief #7  
Rats are good for chewing up wiring not so much mice.... My Jeep has been victims of chewed wires and wife's Honda which sits next to Jeep seem to be ignored.... Many car companies have gone to a cheap SOY based insulation on wires and it seem to attract critters.... Think there was class action suit against SUBARU for this very reason... Biggest problem with mice seems to be nesting place and not chewing up "stuff", had air cleaner stuffed full of mouse nest and a "pantry" filled with acorns. even dead mouse, but then he may have suffocated as engine drew air in...
Mice also do a good job chewing up wires.

/ Mice mischief #8  
I put enough Tomcat in my garage to kill a water buffalo when I left this year for the winter.

Threw Moth balls under the RV.

Hate mice. They chew stuff up for no reason. They can't eat it, they can't use it for bedding, they're not trying to get into something -- They just like to chew it up.

So I'm gonna learn to like to poison them.
I have Tomcat bait stations everywhere. Much less mice problems now.

/ Mice mischief #9  
Pure peppermint oil and mothballs ..

/ Mice mischief #10  
I bored holes in one of my pill bottles. Filled the bottle with Peppermint oil saturated cotton balls. Into the glove box on the Taco Wagon. I don't know if it really helped. But no mice in the passenger compartment and it smell nice.