Massey Ferguson nightmare

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #41  
The OP has ‘t been active here since 2020. We probably won’t know how it all turned out.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #42  
I'm thinking the problem is with his dealer. Fixing the same issues multiple times and still not right? That would raise a red flag to me, LOL

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #43  
I bought a new 461 in 2006.
Seemed fine on delivery.
But little things started to creep in.
Nothing serious, but annoying.
Over the years had exclusively Masseys, my father going back to the old TO20 Fergusons. Never had any problems that were not from wear and tear over years.
When I started some plowing I noticed the gear lever vibrating like crazy. Then when I got to the end of the row and throttled back and started to lift the plow it would pop out of gear entirely.
At first I thought maybe I had hit the lever with my knee as I turned back to see what I had just finished.
No, over and over again it just popped out.
Called the dealer, he sent a mechanic and my new tractor ended up in the infirmary.
Something disconcerting about seeing your new machine split and spread out on a shop bench.
They did offer me a tractor to use while mine was having it's issues taken care of.
When I got it back, same problem, not as bad but still there.
Back for another round.
Got it back and same again.
This time they ordered me an entire new tranny.
New tranny was fine.
New problem was the PTO would clatter like crazy when I tried to use the rototiller and it engaged the soil.
Talked with the dealer, they agreed it was a lemon. They talked with Massey and I got a new tractor.
By this time the 461 was not available so I got the updated 563.
2007 model, just fuel it and change filters and oil.
The dealer did say the Corporation was a pain to deal with, not paying the full cost of repairs etc.
But if you have a dealer who cares they should take care of you.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #44  
The OP has ‘t been active here since 2020. We probably won’t know how it all turned out.
Yep; gotta wonder what he eventually did!

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #45  
Try sending a PM, (private message), to the OP, (original poster), Bag Man.

If he still has the same contact info, he may respond.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #46  
The dealer has been fixing most of the problems as they arise. The problem is, they continue to arise. The down time throughout the planting season caused me to not get my crop planted when conditions were good. I attempted planting in the mud. This failed.
The dealer would not send a loaner even after I requested one. The dealer also has not offered to take it back,trade or refund.
Finally when my neighbor finished planting he lent me his tractor. To late in the season to accomplish anything.
Sounds maybe like the dealership.
I have a 4707 with having a few bugs it's aggravating as much as they cost you would think it would be flawless but as everything else these days too many electronics. But in saying that it's in every brand ... I've had a couple issues but my dealer quickly addressed and communicated well during the process.

/ Massey Ferguson nightmare #47  
Sounds maybe like the dealership.
I have a 4707 with having a few bugs it's aggravating as much as they cost you would think it would be flawless but as everything else these days too many electronics. But in saying that it's in every brand ... I've had a couple issues but my dealer quickly addressed and communicated well during the process.
Good commentary. I have heard legitimate complaints from buyers of essentially every major tractor brand. Early in my ownership of a MF brand new in 2011 I thought mine was a lemon and that AGCO was the worst on the face of the earth. BUT, eventually AGCO made everything right, the tractor has been great ever since, AND I have heard very bad complaints against John Deere, New Holland and others. The bottom line I am seeing is that you cannot plan on a brand new tractor being flawless anywhere near like you can a car or truck. I think a lot of that is "numbers" in that the volume of trucks and cars is so much greater than tractors.