Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #461  
I did not need a smaller tractor so 51 is great for me did not need the HP because i'm not doing much with ground engagement.
I went by the dealer and we looked at another 5145 on the lot and there is a small hole covered with a rubber plug behind the release lever that i may be able to access and open the hood but so far no amount of down or up pressure will release the hood, but if you press down on the hood you can hear the release pop so it is trying to release but you can forget about spraying anything thru the grill and hitting the latch.
I looked at the one we had on the lot today as promised.
The latch mechanism is near the bottom maybe 4-6" up and you can see it through the grill holes. You can attempt to blitz spray through the holes to cover the latch. Also, there is an opening at the bottom that you can squirrel a wand through for a more direct shot.
Did you use two people for the hood trick? One to put their weight on the hood while you pull at the latch?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #462  
Look under the front of the hood where it seals against the top of the front support plate. There is a removable panel retained by two bolts. Should be able to get a wrench inside to unbolt the hood latch mounting plate to open the hood.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #463  
Look under the front of the hood where it seals against the top of the front support plate. There is a removable panel retained by two bolts. Should be able to get a wrench inside to unbolt the hood latch mounting plate to open the hood.
I was thinking the same thing

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #464  
Suggest first just loosening the nuts a couple of turns to give the latch some freedom to move and again trying to pull the latch handle while working the hood side to side. Good luck.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #465  
It's been a little over year on this thread. Everyone still liking their 5100 series?
I want one but tenn dealer can't seem to get one in

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #466  
It's been a little over year on this thread. Everyone still liking their 5100 series?
if i was to buy another tractor right now it would be the 5145, for me it is the best option, not saying that it is the best for someone else, some may need HST or a cab those are the main cons to this tractor.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
So far so good. No complaints here. Everything is working as designed and the thing I like the most is the extra weight and footprint as compared to my 1538. I can just do more work with the 5155 than I could with the 1538 and I’m not pushing it to its limits. Are you looking at the 45 or the 55 horsepower version?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #469  
Looking at 5145.

Kingsport

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #470  
I got mine from Alexandria Louisiana (red dirt) and shipped it cheaper than local dealer had them. Might check them out. I have not had mine long enough to evaluate beyond the wow is this thin great! .