Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #441  
I have tooth bars on all of my tractors they all are a great addition and are useful for many things, My pirahna is my favorite one. The hood latch is terrible on my 2538 also , i found that lube makes it worse because crud just sticks to it now i keep it dry and blow out dirt with air before i open it and it works much better,

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #442  
has anyone experienced an issue with the hood release?
mine will not release the hood, dealer thinks it is due to dirt buildup in the latch.
Bear, after you clean it out if indeed there is stuff in there, try the graphite lube they use in lock sets. Doesn't build up crud because the stuff is not sticky.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #443  
I have not read all the past posts but my Mahindra 4510 hood latch really works poorly.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #444  
I really like my 3016 but in a 10 year hind-sight, a 5 series tractor seems to be the minimum-size tractor for the light forestry work I do; a typical 37 foot Doug-Fir happens to be where the better money at the mill begins, but logs that size, over work the 3016s.

OP has a nice looking tractor, congrats.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #445  
Bear, after you clean it out if indeed there is stuff in there, try the graphite lube they use in lock sets. Doesn't build up crud because the stuff is not sticky.
I will try that after i get out the drill and put a hole in my screen so that i can spray wd40 on it to get it open so that i can fix it lol. i wish there was some way to get the darn thing open with out messing up my hood.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #446  
I will try that after i get out the drill and put a hole in my screen so that i can spray wd40 on it to get it open so that i can fix it lol. i wish there was some way to get the darn thing open with out messing up my hood.
They're may be. If you can stick a application wand that comes with stuff like PB Blaster or Liquid wrench, apply that first and wait a couple days for this stuff to work its magic. See if it opens.
Then spray the area with carb cleaner, allow a few seconds to dry and apply the graphite lubricant.
When I go back to work on Monday, I'll take a look at the couple 5155's on the lot to see where else the locking mechanism can be accessed.
In the mean time, spray it up:)

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #447  
I really like my 3016 but in a 10 year hind-sight, a 5 series tractor seems to be the minimum-size tractor for the light forestry work I do; a typical 37 foot Doug-Fir happens to be where the better money at the mill begins, but logs that size, over work the 3016s.

OP has a nice looking tractor, congrats.
How many cords are you dragging in?
I don't necessarily disagree but the 4wd 4540 or 4550 will also do the type of work you describe w alacrity. With weighted tires and fel, you're looking at literally twice the weight of a 3016 w the same.
Your 3016 in decent shape may be worth 15K toward a new Mahindra of that chassis size.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #448  
I don't necessarily disagree but the 4wd 4540 or 4550 will also do the type of work you describe w alacrity. With weighted tires and fel, you're looking at literally twice the weight of a 3016 w the same.
Your 3016 in decent shape may be worth 15K toward a new Mahindra of that chassis size.
the 4540/50 was in contention when i bought my 5145 but the between your legs shifter and no shuttle made me go to the 5100 series, they are not as loaded with tech as the 2600 series and the open station is roomier.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #449  
They're may be. If you can stick a application wand that comes with stuff like PB Blaster or Liquid wrench, apply that first and wait a couple days for this stuff to work its magic. See if it opens.
Then spray the area with carb cleaner, allow a few seconds to dry and apply the graphite lubricant.
When I go back to work on Monday, I'll take a look at the couple 5155's on the lot to see where else the locking mechanism can be accessed.
In the mean time, spray it up:)
i will look into it Arrow but there is a brace that runs right down the center of the front of the hood and so far i have found no way to get the straw in there and the screen mesh is to small to allow hitting it from an angle. i would love it if you had any advice on getting this thing open, (well I can get it open but trying to refrain from my standard approach lol)

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #450  
15 cords of maple ea year ( I buk maple logs at 12'6"), or it takes @ 30 doug-fir logs to fill a log truck (once or twice per year).

The 55 hundred new trees will be the kid's chore in 20 years... haha