Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #41  
Mine has a wheel that rides on the roll and uses a Hall effect sensor just like the crankshaft sending unit you have in your car or truck that 'counts the number of times the magnet passes in front of it. Pretty simple and very reliable too. Automakers have used them for decades to control timing and to tell the ECM the motor is rotating.

Certainly not fancy and very reliable too.
Time will tell how reliable your NEW balers net counter is!!!! Sensors used in auto industry & ""dusty farming conditions'' don't always have the same excellent results. Report back after several thousand bales have been wrapped!

Last edited:
   / Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #42  
Time will tell how reliable your NEW balers net counter is!!!! Report back after several thousand bales have been wrapped!
Yep, more things to break. Not in a farmer’s best interest that’s for sure.
Jim I will pray for some rain for you. Wish I could send you some of mine. too much up here in the mid atlantic

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #43  
Thanks Hay Dude. Ironically a pop-up rain cloud dumped 1.9'' in a town 6 miles Northwest of me last evening & I received 0.02'' of precipitation. Oh well city dwellers need green grass in their yards for aesthetics(EGOs)

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #44  
All that stuff eventually fails but the hall effect sensor is out in the open and easily replaceable. Probably costs a small fortune just like all replacement parts cost today. Why I put an additional 2 year warranty on it. One farm call equals the warranty cost. Do that on the vehicles as well. Been out once already with the Kubota rep.

Typical of Kubota and all the rest and that is, they won't tell you what the access pin code is to access the electronics which irks me to no end. You pay for a machine but you cannot access the electronics. I'll be glad when the 'Right to Repair litigation is concluded and manufacturers will have to allow access. JD is very notorious for that.

Guy down the road with his seed operation runs all late model Deere equipment and he cannot access anything. If any of them generates a trouble code, the Greenstar GPS unit transmits the code to the local dealer and then they come out and of course he gets to pay for a farm call. it's all a big game. He cannot even use aftermarket filters because the JD filters have a flow sensor inside that monitors restriction. Aftermarket filters don't and generate a trouble code. Pretty wacky stuff. The price you pay for being green.....

Not really owning a machine but rather a long term lease...lol

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #45  
Thanks Hay Dude. Ironically a pop-up rain cloud dumped 1.9'' in a town 6 miles Northwest of me last evening & I received 0.02'' of precipitation. Oh well city dwellers need green grass in their yards for aesthetics(EGOs)
Skeeters too...

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #46  
I tried the glass mount suction cup that came with my Vermeer Accu-Bale monitor but it sucked in my opinion, constantly falling off and a monitor is to expensive to keep hitting the floor of the tractor, so I fabricated a bracket in about 20 minutes out of some scrap aluminum that I had laying around, not real pretty but 100% effective as my monitor stays right where I want it.
20220703_142717.jpg

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #47  
I tried the glass mount suction cup that came with my Vermeer Accu-Bale monitor but it sucked in my opinion, constantly falling off and a monitor is to expensive to keep hitting the floor of the tractor, so I fabricated a bracket in about 20 minutes out of some scrap aluminum that I had laying around, not real pretty but 100% effective as my monitor stays right where I want it.View attachment 752903
My new Kubota control unit came with a RAM mount and I actually like it because it angles easily and you can remove the box in about 2 seconds.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #48  
My new Kubota control unit came with a RAM mount and I actually like it because it angles easily and you can remove the box in about 2 seconds.
I had a Ram Mount for a Garmin dog tracking system and it was really good, they do make good stuff, but some of it is a little pricey.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #49  
I had a Ram Mount for a Garmin dog tracking system and it was really good, they do make good stuff, but some of it is a little pricey.
How the Garmin mounts in the buggy as well. They sell many accessories for their mounts too.

The one supplied with the Kubota baler is a quick release model, takes all of 5 seconds to dismount. Very handy and very rigid when locked up.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?
Well after last night, I may ditch the control box and hook a toggle switch to the twine arm. The main chain on my new (to me) baler broke and jammed up while at full rpm and the tractor just came to a dead stop and shut off. I got the chain fixed but now the control box doesn't work. The fuse blew so I swapped that out and the box will turn on and then shut right off after beeping at me. As I am typing this, I realize there is one thing I could have tried but didn't. I'll need to try the control box without the baler hooked up and see how it works and if still just get the complete mess I was getting.

Sooo, I go to my back up baler and get 13 bales in and (my fault for rushing) broke a chain on that one.....

Luckily, it was overcast and there was no dew coming on and I already was doing square bales earlier so now I have 3 wagons of unexpected square bales to stack in the barn. Finished baling at about 11:30pm.