Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #51  
Well after last night, I may ditch the control box and hook a toggle switch to the twine arm
Exactly how my old, long gone NH 400 series twine round baler operated with the exception of a 'full bale alarm' based on a microswitch mounted to the bale tension arm that when closed, alerted me in the cab with an alarm (time to initiate the twine arm via a toggle switch which is really old school and painfully slow too.

If I could fined a not to whipped out (in need of major repair), NH 458, I'd buy one as a backup bailer. Stone simple balers, only issue is the pickups aren't overly wide.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #52  
The main chain on my new (to me) baler broke and jammed up while at full rpm and the tractor just came to a dead stop and shut off.
Bad deal. I have pressure oiling on my new one, all the chains are interval oiled via a central oiler. Even so, I kept my old NH chains lubricated with motorcycle chain lube applied when the chains were warm immediately after bailing. Motorcycle chain lube (I use the PBlaster version) don't drip and stays put. You can tell when a chain is dry versus a lubed one, by the sound it makes. A lubricate chain is much quieter than a dry one plus a dry chain tends to eat up drive sprockets as well.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?
Bad deal. I have pressure oiling on my new one, all the chains are interval oiled via a central oiler. Even so, I kept my old NH chains lubricated with motorcycle chain lube applied when the chains were warm immediately after bailing. Motorcycle chain lube (I use the PBlaster version) don't drip and stays put. You can tell when a chain is dry versus a lubed one, by the sound it makes. A lubricate chain is much quieter than a dry one plus a dry chain tends to eat up drive sprockets as well.
The chain was oiled. We had just replaced it after the last field I did because the old chain was really worn out and kept popping off the sprocket. The 2 (80size) chains we had were slightly different and I believe the 1 master link we used didn't fully snap together although it seemed like it was. That was where it broke and thats the only reason I can think of.

I have been using the control box to manually extend the twine arm and retract the whole time. I didn't like how the bales came out with the auto wrap. So it won't change anything on my end other than getting rid of the beeps when the bale gets to 4ft. I send the arm at 4.5ft or just before and doesn't seem to take very long and its what I'm used too.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #54  
The main chain on my new (to me) baler broke and jammed up while at full rpm and the tractor just came to a dead stop and shut off.
Sounds as if applicable the slip clutch on your baler that broke the chain needs attention to free stuck plates.